My juvenile dragon is acting weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdiaz09

Hi everyone! Wilburt has been acting super weird after his last shed. I've posted things a few months ago, to make sure my set up was ok.. and nothing has changed. He is 8months.
Temp is 95-100 depends.. his warmer spot is 80.
He is in a 4ft tank. 2ft tall and 2ft deep.
He loves it. And I have the zoomed UVB 10.0 that is always recommended from tons of you guys on here.

Anyway, after his last shed he hasn't ate. I don't think he pooped in a few days either.. his daily food is arugula, squash (some times).. i breed my own dubia, and he eats a few supers at a time.. I should note he is 19inches.

Before his shed, I tried giving him hornworms.. which he became insanely adddicted.. he stopped eating roaches until I decided not to give him worms until he eats his roaches.. but of course I still was giving him his reg veggies..

Also he black bearded once for the first time I had him.. and he was bobbing his head and then BOLTED out of the cage.

What the hell is going on with him?
He doesn't look skinnier, he doesn't look sick.. but I'm so scared that something is going on..
I'm thinking brumation?

85807-2821610053.jpg
85807-1618443672.jpg
85807-2667897237.jpg
85807-7007720060.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks nice and healthy. Brumation usually shows itself with sleepiness and lethargic behavior. If he's active and bolting and head bobbing then my guess is that he's going through a teenage phase and his hormones have him out of whack. Give him time to run around and burn off some energy as much as you can but other than that it's just a waiting game if that's the issue.

Kdiaz09

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1wrdssnq said:
He looks nice and healthy. Brumation usually shows itself with sleepiness and lethargic behavior. If he's active and bolting and head bobbing then my guess is that he's going through a teenage phase and his hormones have him out of whack. Give him time to run around and burn off some energy as much as you can but other than that it's just a waiting game if that's the issue.
Hey thanks cooper!! I just let him out so he can run crazy around. I try and let him out often as I can, I'm sure being in a tank is boring lol.
Thank you ❤️..

Update: he actually pooped lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom