My humanoid dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone elses dragons act like humans. i have 3 babies. they live in 2 seperate tanks. the3 boy and girl are together and the little one is alone. i tried 3 tanks and the boy and the girl became depressed and would only sit by eachother seperated by the glass. it was sad but now they are together in a 150 gallon tank.

so they act like people. they respond when talked to with their body language. they love to watch tv. they pout when we are not there but thats not the human like thing that makes me happy. they love to sit on their mini chairs (logs that are shaped like chairs...given to me and my boyfriend as a joke) but the girl will lay while the other sits up with his tail hanging around and she will lay her head on his belly. while she lays there he will wave and scratch the top of her head with each wave. i have never in my life seen anything like this. i wish i had a camera or way to video when they do this which is rare but it has happened more than once.

oh and if she is under her log...he will lay on the outside of the log holding her broken hand (she has a birth defect where her thumb never grew. she limps but no vet will operate since it would do more damage. But they lay holding eachother often. He lost 4 fingers by breaking them and them surgically removed.) and he does this every night.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Wow, enjoy it while you can. It seems to me that you have one of the rare beardie friendships. Our first two, Miss O and Miss Y would talk to each other a lot. I've never seen that since.

Ker6176

Original Poster
they are always together since they were at the pet store. they have to be seperated right now which is depressing but he has a crack in his tail from lord knows what and he needs to be kept from infection... they are just laying by eachother in different tanks and soooooo unhappy. he is currently sleeping with his belly pressed up against the glass upright. he was trying to dig through the glass to her i guess. he wore himself out. she is pressed up as close as possible towards him...

this is so sad :(

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Just to let you know it is best for them to be seporated. You might think its sad but a male and a female shouldnt be house together due to over breeding. Males mature faster than females and will breed with them way to soon and will breed and breed so she wont get any rest and will get stressed and stress leads to illness. Even two females together can have issues with stress. I know its hard :( But it is best for them to each have their own vivs. We have 5 and yes they are just like little kids we love them to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom