My First Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

azar

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
its a 40 gallon tank.

thanks chick_panther, nintendo, mikey, and everyone else that posted.

the red light is actually a infared heat lamp. so just get rid of it? and just run the UV lamp and move the branch under that for him to bask on? will i need a long strip light that some of you use along with the UV lamp?

the hiding spot for my beardie should be on the cool side correct? and so will the water and veggie bowls?

thank you guys for all ur posts. this is one great forum. i think imma stick around for a long time hehe.

I think i got it now :p

thanks again!

azar

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Dogitude":67bb9 said:
Im planing to build a new cage jjjust like this out of a drawer
cage.jpg
if youre interested in making one too here is the info and all

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Ffr%3Dsbcfp-imp%26tab%3DImages%26p%3Dbeardie%2Bcage%26btn%3DSearch&w=650&h=271&imgurl=708designs.netfirms.com%2Fcustomcage%2Fbeardies-pythonscage.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2F708designs.netfirms.com%2Fcustomcage%2Fcustomcage.htm&size=23.9kB&name=beardies-pythonscage.jpg&p=beardie+cage&type=jpeg&no=1&tt=35&oid=f044bd5e530a37ce&ei=UTF-8

thats awesome. is that really safe for the dragon? will the dragon like the environment you think? damn.. looks real good

oh, is that a full grown dragon?

chick_panther

Hatchling Member
I don't think a strip light is needed. An MVB has strong UVB and UVA rays, stronger then a repti-sun 10.0 I've been told. They are also warmer then a heat lamp. A infared heat lamp isn't needed, but keep it just in case the tank gets too cold. Hiding palce is usually put in the "cool" part but some people double up there hiding place as a basking area (the top that is), its really personal choice. A problem sometimes with beardies is they hide to much and don't bask enough when young. Water and food will last longer on the cool side- but make sure the water doesn't get too cold.

What are your night-time temperatures? They can safely get down to sixty and shouldn't be too warm.

Your welcome! I'm glad I could help.

I am a new beardie owner of only 3.5 months, but I have learned alot especially from this site. It is because of these forums that my beardy isn't dehydrated, that I found out my UVB was too weak, and much more. Staying on this site is a great idea, especially if you think somethings wrong with your beardy.

Good luck on getting your terranium set up and I hope I can help you out more in the future! And btw, your beardie is adorable!!!

azar

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks for ur reply chick. great info ur giving me. i'll have to get back to you on what my temperatrures are during night and day. i just rearraged everything. prolly get back to you tmr night. oh and i think its adorable myself. like i said its my first pet ever :p

PS

Awesome dragon OurDragonErnie, i like :p

ohhh how big is ur tank ernie?

i wonder if my 40 gallon is good enuff :?

OurDragonErnie

Sub-Adult Member
It's a 40G breeder (which just means a little more floor space, I think, than a regular 40G tank). It seems plenty big enough now but I can easily see going bigger in the future! It's a nice size for temp regulation. It seems easy enough, so far, to get the temps perfect.

Dogitude

Juvie Member
azar":e19e3 said:
Well thats actually not mine that a someone i know onlines cage and im planning to make one exactly like that and i think his beardie is about 8 or 9 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nekov
Top Bottom