My first beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potts

I got my bearded dragon today(Larry) hes been about home for about 2 hours, hes not eaten but he has made poop.
1.jpg

2.jpg

I can't wait for him to sprout his wings and breath fire!!! :blob5:

How can I make him feel more at home and relaxed? Ive given him space but he didn't eat a cricket I gave him and he seems scared to go on the floor!

PS Crickets smell TERRIBLE!! :puke:

sheshe

Your dragon is very cute. How old is he? I've heard they can have relocation stress after being in a new place and not want to eat right away. As far as him being scared to go on the floor, I'm not sure. I'm sure someone with more experience can give you advice on that. I don't have experience with this yet, as I am getting my first dragon next Tuesday. I can't wait! I've heard they can become addictive. :)

I do have a leopard gecko that I used to feed crickets to, and yes, they do smell - and that wasn't even the large amounts that I'll need for the dragon! Not really looking forward to that. The things we do for our babies, right?

Hope all goes well with your little one. Can't wait to post my introduction thread on Tuesday! :)

junebug82

Hatchling Member
Oh my goodness your baby is so cute!

ABout the floor fear...maybe his substrate was different where he came from. He'll get used to it in time :) Good luck!!

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
hello and welcome congrats on ur new beardie...he is very cute i know u will enjoy him hvae fun any questions just ask

Potts

Original Poster
Thanks everyone :)

Well when I asked about his age at the pet store they just gave me a vague answer about how they grow fast and started talking about something else. :(

Good luck with your dragon Sheshe, can't wait to see the pics :)

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
Hello and welcome!

Larry is adorable. You are always welcome to breeze through the Indroductions and take a look at my Phoenix. Any questions, just ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom