My first Beardie - Questions/Concerns I have

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Awww he looks so little and sorry for himself. :( I wish I could help you. I really hope the experts on here can help you with this.

hcozart

Hatchling Member
That last pciture looks kinda bad how he is laying. I would post that picture with some of your questions in the health or ER section here. He seems as though he may be dehydrated and a little underfeed? I would certainly try the baby food. Green beans with chicken mixed together or squash. If the temps in the tank are too high, he will dehydrate faster. He has not been dropped or jumped off a structure has he?

Good Luck, like I said try posting that last pic of him in those other threads and see what you get.

DaRkL3AD3R

Original Poster
Thank you for the suggestion hcozart :( He hasn't been dropped any higher than 5 inches, when he sorta jumped down from his basking spot. Other than that no I make sure any time he's picked up he's held quite safely. Also about dehydration, the first day I gave him water from a dropper he drank it up. Every time after that, nothing. Why is that?

He has been, based off the whole 25-50 crickets a day suggestions I've been reading around, underfed. For him, a good day of eating is 7-12 crickets.

However I think it was just because I was going through a few day phase where I had no UVB light in the tank, because the one I had, a Reptiglo, supposedly was bad for their eyes and I was told to shut it off immediately. So I did and was in limbo for about 3 days waiting for my Reptisun 10.0 to get in. Now that it's in he's sitting up right and has been moving around the tank quite a bit! And once I put it in, for the first time in 5 days, he actually ate his pellets!!!! :D

It was the cutest thing, he (starting to think its a she) ran over to the pellet dish, looked at it, and starting arm waving it hahaha. But before we knew it, he leaned in and munched down on some! SO happy about that. Well as soon as my fiance gets here we're gonna feed him crickets. She wanted to see how he's doing today at meal time, since we both were getting worried about his health. If all goes well at meal time and he really has his fill, I think it will be safe to close this ugly chapter of Spike's book. But let's all hope for the best and see. If not I will be rushing over to the ER boards :(

I guess I thought this was safe to post here because I wasn't sure if sleeping and acting the way he does was a behavior pattern or if it was related to a health problem...

Here's how he basks and chills now. Also he's running around the tank a lot more, even exploring his water dish!

Aaaaand feeding time's over! He just ate 8 crickets so I think he's all better :D I had an extra one in, crawling in his face and he didn't even seem to care. So I think he filled his apetite for one meal lol

squirell

Hatchling Member
Glad to hear he is getting better. Just keep a good eye on him the next few days his appetite should pick back up with the new UVB bulb. Also to go with the dropper try bathing him every couple days in water. They take in water through their vents. Also make sure he is getting his crickets dusted with Calcium w/ D3 5 times a week and Vitamins 2 times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom