My first attempt at a styrofoam rock platform...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evin":6d81e said:
Hpg613Dragon":6d81e said:
Hey, i have a huge styrofoam rock cave/platform made, all i need to do is grout it an seal it, however my dad thnks that when i try to wash the cave to get all the poop off that the grout will just become soft again. has anyone had this problem, or will the sealer stop that from happening?

If grout would become soft every time the water gets on it then your tiles in a kitchen would be moving around every time u wash the floor and you are using a sealer that gets absorbed by grout and keeps all the moisture away so you will not have any problems washing it. Good luck!

Good point eh, now i feel like an ***** lol :oops:

Evin

tarian":83368 said:
so what do you use to glue the styrofoam togeather?? glue eats it...no??
I'm thinking any kind of silicone will do.. or you can use the foam as u also can make some nice shapes out of it

LuvMyHerps

Hatchling Member
That is sooooo awesome!!!!! You have inspired me....I want to make a foam insert with ledges for basking for my viv. Any words of wisdom?

LuvMyHerps":ca4c6 said:
That is sooooo awesome!!!!! You have inspired me....I want to make a foam insert with ledges for basking for my viv. Any words of wisdom?
find i good place to do it...you'll have little styrofoam balls and grout mix everywhere lol :lol:

guitarinsight

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hpg613Dragon":9dac0 said:
LuvMyHerps":9dac0 said:
find i good place to do it...you'll have little styrofoam balls and grout mix everywhere lol :lol:

Also...make sure you grout the sides and bottom just as much as you do the top. The little toenails can chip away at it if it's not thick enough and uniform all over.

tarian

Hatchling Member
liqued nails takes forever to dry,so does the grout.. wow didn't think it would be such a slow process

tarian

Hatchling Member
50 bucks for the supplies, and hours and hours of drying time. i think i'll just buy what i need next time. is not as easy as it looks. :banghead:

tarian

Hatchling Member
ya figured that out, was actually using a heating fan.. my first atempt failed, it fell apart. this project is definatly for the patiant people, not for me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom