My Final Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

booboo

first i would like to say thank you to the only two people on here who actually took the time to answer anything that i posted on here, so, Thank you imnotabeardie, and diamc, for all of your help. You would think that when new people get on here and have questions reguarding the animals that they love but are not experienced taking care of, more people would actually respond to the questions. I picked up two dragons from someone, off of craigs list on saturday march 14, and on saturday march 21 one of them laid a clutch of 14 eggs. now i have never had a female lizard before, and this is my first time with a clutch of eggs. I have asked questions about my set ups, my females behavior, and the clutch of eggs and what to do, the only question answered, was the behavior that told me my female was going to lay eggs. Thankfully enough, I have brains, I called the local reptile zoo, the woodland park zoo, the breader who i got my first beardie from, my vet, and every pet store in town, got just about the same answers from everyone, set up a incubator, retrieved the eggs, momma and the eggs are doing great, and from now on when I need questions answered, i have a list of people, zoos and pet stores to call, I just can not understand why this website is even here if no one wants to give honest help, the only thing i have seen on here are disagreements regrarding types of substrate, lights, and thermometers that people are using, and even then sometimes (in my case)people don't answer any way.
I thought this would be a good sight to get good information on properly raising my dragons, guess i was wrong, and to think, a Petco employee actually refered me to this sight

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hello
I am very sorry you didnt have a good experience here so far.I am not sure about your individual posts as I have personally not seen them.Was it just one thread or multiple threads?I think if you are patient and just give it a little time you would be very suprised at the amount of information and helpful people here.Please understand there are tons of threads posted daily so depending on the forum or even the time of day they can be missed.If you choose to stick around and find that a question isnt being answered then next time please feel free to send a PM to myself or to any of the other moderators and we will be happy to help in any way we can.

-Vicky

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Kimberly, I'm not sure if you will be back to read the responses here or not but thought I would give it a shot anyway.

I too, am sorry that you didn't get your questions answered. I reviewed all your threads and noticed that you posted in the Breeding section because you had many concerns/questions about your female that was getting ready to lay eggs. I also noticed that your questions were posted around 3 am here EST which means that a lot of members would be sleeping and not on the forum. Also, a lot of members don't know much about breeding issues if they've never gone through them so would not have been able to respond to you for fear of giving wrong info. If the time frame had been later in the day, I believe that you would have gotten at least some of your questions answered if the members that read your thread did know all the answers to them.

I'm sure what you were going through was very scary and you were trying to be patient and to keep calm while waiting for the answers, but none came. I'm glad that you were able to find the help you needed to help out with the proper care. Hopefully everything has been handled, but if not, our forum does cover a lot of issues and we always try our best to handle all the questions/concerns that we possibly can but as Vicky said, unfortunately some do get missed.

If you decide to return and you have some problems that need to be addressed, please do as Vicky said and send a pm to one of us moderators and we will help in every way we can. Good luck with your beardies, eggs and future babies.

Diane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom