MY female roxy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnski1

Iv been noticing since i split my male and female up that she is not pooping on a regular basis, the only time she goes at all is when i give her a bath. is this a problem? or should i just keep giving her daily baths to help? she is living on sand possibly thats the problem? she doesnt feel comfy? or is she just stressed from being split from the male? Thanks before hand!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What type of sand is your female on the calcium based type? If so, she could possibly be impacted that is for sure.
If you just moved her from one tank to another, she is probably experiencing a type of relocation stress too, which can affect her metabolism due to stress.
If you fear impaction right now, I would begin treatment for impaction which entails giving soft foods such sugar free applesauce, canned pumpkin, & squash baby food are great along with a drop or two of olive or mineral oil.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, the choice is yours. Some people do use calcium sand with no issues. Though, a lot of people have problems with the calcium based sands. Do you notice if she ever licks it or not?
How old is she? Could she possibly have eggs?

Tracie

Finnski1

Original Poster
when she walks to a new spot in the tank she takes a lick being the glass or sand, rock. shes around 2 years old, could be eggs but its been a while, im getting rid of the sand anyways and i keep bathing her so all will be good hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom