My dubai don't seem to be eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocShay

Hey guys,

Just got a colony of dubai locally...

But, they don't seem to be eating.

sspx0329dm8.jpg

I have plenty of water crystal gel, cricket food, some letuce and mini carrots.

Had them for 3 days so far, and the food hasnt deplenished much it looks like...

I have them in a huge cabinet, in a big rubbermade bin with a UV bulb heating them (95-100 degrees).

I have Dubias. I feed them grounded up Honey Nut Cheerios, and I use water gels. I also give them sliced up oranges every other week for 2 days before mold sets in. 100 degrees is to hot. I keep mine between 75 and 85 it hits 92 rarely. I only use heat pad and a solid color container, I think your light is giving them a complex, get rid of it and use heat pad under container (not Inside) and away from their food side.. I have a few hundred babies popping up weekly...

DocShay

Original Poster
Okay i'll try that, before I got the light though I wasn't using any heating..and still they ate nothing even at room temperature...

Strange..

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
I keep roach chow in a 3" diameter container lid as well as water crystals. I add water to the crystals daily to make them last longer. I put in 2 slices of apple every other day and a hand full of some type of cereal and it's completely gone in 2 days. I have them in my garage where it gets over 90 in the day and stays around 80 at night. I have to refill the chow every 3 days. I started with the 145 starter kit and 5 adult pairs about 1 month ago if that gives you any idea for comparison. Cheryl

MojoThor

seadooz":22341 said:
I add water to the crystals daily to make them last longer.

Ive been wondering about that, I add water to the crstals about every other day. But how often am I supposed to replace them? Will they go bad and mold or something if I keep using the same water crystals?

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
The roaches will gradually consume the water crystals but adding the water makes them last longer because they are probably more saturated and not drying out. I read somewhere to keep them as wet as possible to make them last. They will stay good as long as you only add water. Some people like to add juice which goes bad and makes the crystals go bad.

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
they won't grow or breed at room temp so they would eat very little.
a heat mat is definitely better to use as it gives a heat gradient which they like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom