My Dragons - Leatherbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDizzle

I have found a lot of great information on here and would like to share my dragons. I picked them up at the end of April at a show and the breeder said they were 8-9 weeks old. The Red Citrus Trans Leatherbacks caught my eye and I got a male/female pair. They are currently housed together, eventually I have plans to separate the male into an empty 55 gallon. But they are babies and get along fine for now so I don't think it's to urgent.

I don't have any pictures of my setup. They are in a 30 gallon breeder with a 100watt powersun and additional heat bulb. They are eating crickets daily, I feed them in a separate tank because the crickets get under the carpet and it keeps it cleaner. I also mix in some reptiworms a few times a week and they get their collard and mustard greens every morning. I've also been calcium dusting their crickets once a week.

They are both in shed now and I'm excited to see their colors. The male looks a bit brighter on his legs where the part of the skin has come off. Anyways these pics are from a few weeks ago, they have grown a bit since.

Male
IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

Female
IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

Both
IMG_0692.jpg

EDizzle

Original Poster
thanks everyone, the breeder had them sexed when I bought them around 8-9 weeks old. They are now in the 12-13 weeks range, I'm just going to call it 12 weeks so I can track it easier. I'm no expert but it appears as if the breeder was spot on, they look to be showing under the tail.

They are both still shedding, it looks like their feet and legs are all off....now its the head, back and belly areas next. Is that the way it normally goes? How long does it usually take? It's funny watching the male rub his head on everything. He wants that skin off!

Conronnors

i know that im no breeder or expert by any means.but,my Puff is around three months old and i cant find anyone that can give me a definate answer. i guess it would be best to go to a breeder.

puffy went through hes first shed a month ago and what seemed to be a very random process lasted damn near 2 weeks. I think he shed everything twice. in no specific order that i noticed. i just soaked him every day. he hated baths at first but loves em now. poos everytime, pretty gross :silent: .

OH YEAH i am envious of your little guys for thier long tails. puffs tail got nipped before i got him :cry:
they really are great lookin beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom