My dragon is not eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessiepa

Original Poster
His previous owner says it prevents impaction and Pet Smart claims it's the best for him what kind of BS are they giving us. As long as we buy huh? I feel terrible cause I should've double checked and his lighting too. This bulb is all a Beardie needs she said...right. Poor baby with no UV all this time. I mentioned to the vet a multivitamin for Freddie and she says most Beardies have an over abundance of D3 but I pointed to her that this Beardie must be extremely low of this because of the lack of UVB. She agreed with me on that. He jumps super high in his bath. He can reach the top of my bathtub. Wow We also have a lepord Gekko which is a rescue as well. He is healthier now that he's ever been. Hope our Freddie recovers from this.

jessiepa

Original Poster
Ok new problem. I bought a ceramic heater because the red light I was using previously was a 50 so thinking the 100 would be just right and now his tank is way too cold. I guess with the sand gone there is more space to heat up. If I go now to the pet store it would be closed by the time I get there. What do I do? Can I cover part of the tank to keep the heat in . I forgot all about that extra space to heat once the sand is gone

jessiepa

Original Poster
I read that prune juice and olive oil works for impactions. Anybody know of this? The ceramic emit or shear less the the red basking light. What's up with that? I was using a 100 red basking light withe a 150 basking light and his basking zone was 105. Now I have replaced the red with ceramics and his basking zone is 98. Will try a 150 ceramic. We are going to raise his basking zone cause I can't lower the light he is quite the jumper.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Jessiepa, it looks like you are using round gauge (dial) thermometers. If those readings are what you are basing the temps on, unfortunately you're not getting accurate readings and they can be off 20 degrees or more. So, I wouldn't recommend getting any higher wattage basking bulb OR heat emitter until you use a temperature gun or digital thermometer with a long wire & probe end to check them. Surely wouldn't want him overheating, that would be very dangerous.

jessiepa

Original Poster
I plan to buy a digital at the end of the month. After the sand was removed the heat went down to 90ish so I know it was way too cold. I spoke with the vet and she wants it up to 110. He is on critical car reptile food syringe fed. He was pooping sand for a while then no more sand and he even ate a few hornworm two days in a row. I really thought the crisis was over but then after the two days he stopped eating again. I don't know what's wrong. He will see the vet Tuesday but I asked her if he could be brumating but to her she says she wants x Ray but I can't afford those. So she will exam him again. If he is pooping it can't still be impaction huh? So worried. Freddie really hate syringe fed he hisses and getslack and yesterday he was even snapping at us. I feel like I am losing my sweet little prince. I feel like he hates me. I also have a gekko and we have put all three dials at his basking spot and they are saying all the same temp so it must be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toothadash
Top Bottom