My Dragon Eats Cat Food. Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi peeps,
My new dragon Razor is getting increasingly weird. If you look at my other posts he has a strange habit of eatting things he shouldn't. He hasn't poisoned himself in a while so that's a blessing but I can barely let him run because he goes right to the kitchen and eats what ever he feels like off the floor. Lately, he's confined his tastes to my cat's dry food and dried up wet food. He seems to be passing it alright and it doesn't seem to be causing any ill effects but I thought I'd make sure. I don't know how I'd stop him if it was a problem but has anyone else experienced this? or is my Razor just a very strange little lizard?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Haha ! Razer is a funny guy. Some people can hardly get their beardie to eat while yours devours everything in his path. :lol: Actually cat food would be harmful in the long run if he ate it regularly, too much fat + protein for a reptile but I'm sure the occasional morsel of Meow Mix or Fancy Feast won't be too hard on him. :)

MyAngelLokki

Original Poster
Okay. I thought so. It's Purina One but the fat and protein content is probably just as unhealthy to lizards. I used to let him run everyday but now he bolts strait to the food bowl and eats 5-6 pieces. I think he likes the crunch :/

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He does need the exercise of running around. If he runs right over to the cat food bowl, why not pick it up so he can't have it rather than not getting him out? Just a thought.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
VERY BAD .... for starters it's the WRONG kind of proteins and it's full of preservatives and god knows what else and it very high in the wrong kinds of fat.

Yes I know wild lizards will often raid pet dog and cat food dishes .

Yes I know some keepers feed cat and dog food to their pet lizards , cheap , but real risk of developing fatty liver decease and dying prematurely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom