My double stack viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamma2342

So I am building a double stack viv and I wanted to share it with you all since I learned so much by looking at others on here. Nothing fancy and not finished yet but its getting there. Also this was a lot more work than I thought but I want to get it done so my new baby beardie can be here! :blob8:
Heres all the materials I used.
Btw it was around $300 for everything excluding the reptisuns.
Heres how far we got today

I will be sealing it tomorrow and then installing the lights once its properly dried out. Will post more then.

halffrozen

Hatchling Member
Awesome!

This is what I wish I had to work with and not my single tank, that I now have to figure out a stand for.

Sub'in for sure!

jamma2342

Original Poster
Thanks Cheryl!!! I think I'm good on the lighting but if I get stuck I'll definetly ask :D

halffrozen, I have seen some DIY stands on here. I think someone used some inexpensive 2x4 to make a base. Or I read a lot of people found great stands at the local thrift store.

So heres the what it looks like after it was stained and sealed. three coats on the inside and two on the outside. But since it looks so good with three coats I might have to go get more shellac and do the outside with a third coat too!

Im going to wait till tonight and install the lights. I'll probably finish over the weekend and post the last of the pictures then. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom