My crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayouBaybee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes Kaleen. He is a Nosy Be. I adore him. He is soooo laid back and sociable and likes being handled. Tonight when I was feeding and misting him, he ran down his vines and was reaching out for me to get him. When I did, he zoomed down my arm and then he climbed up my lip, nose, and eye (pinchy toes lol) and settled down on top of my head. His name is Dozer.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Aww Dozer sounds awesome. My fiance and I have just stepped in to the world of Chameleons, we adopted a veiled named Oswald about a month ago. He is super laid back, not very social though. In fact Oswald only likes me and despises my fiance. He hisses at him and will hide when he comes in the room. When I walk in the room he runs right up to the front of the cage and is super bright green the whole time. If the cage is open he will grab on to my finger and just sit there holding on to me! Someday he will take the leap and start walking all over me I'm sure. We really want to get a Panther Chameleon, do you have any advice for beginners?

-Kaleen

BayouBaybee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Not to brag, but he IS!!!! :blob5: He's my baby. I have had veileds before. I had a sweet one that I lost in Hurricane Katrina, along with my first beardie, but all the ones I've had since have been hellions! I gave my veiled to a friend if mine. I had him since he was a baby, and the older he got, the worse he got. I told her he was evil and she said no way. Guess what? Now she 100% agrees lol. He is gorgeous though.

As for panthers, Dozer is my first. The care is the same as for veileds really, screen cage, lots of climbing vines and branches, live plants, 5.0 UVB, etc. He just likes to eat crickets. I've tried different worms, but he doesn't feel it. Lol. He did enjoy himself one day catching a housefly that had got inside though. Panthers in general are more sociable than veileds. Most breeders recommend you handle them sparingly even though they tolerate handling better than most species. I let Dozer dictate what he wants interaction wise. If he zooms out and climbs all over me, it's his choice. I don't force him out unless necessary.

I'm hoping to get an ambilobe or sambava one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom