My colors wont show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr8reptileiseli

Hey I bought a Dragonsden beardie Sunburst morph. And I can't help but feel I've been cheated! Don't get me wrong he's a little sluggish but otherwise an amazing beardie, size is incredible. He is bigger then any beardie in the pet stores I take him to. Nice and fat but not over weight. It is just his color! Not showing, I've readjusted his temperature 110-120 basking spot to 85 degree cold spot, he has a good vitamin UV bulb and a descent spotlight heat bulb. Hasn't had a bath recently, (His tub broke) he eats hardily, crickets and salad mixed with fruit, I followed the guidlines in the bearded dragon manual as what not to feed him. I use only greens no lettuce. I took him out yesterday for three hours of sunlight. Hardly any improvement, he looks nothing like how they should in any pictures online, he just looks sorta yellow, not sunburst yellow. Can anybody help? Do I need to dust my crickets with something special?

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Well, for one thing, if he's young, his colors will brighten with every shed. For another, just because he has the sunburst morph doesn't mean he'll ever really show it. Bright parents spawn normal morphs all the time. My boy is a Sandfire, but you can only really see pretty colors on his face when he's in a good mood. However, he does carry it, so bright colored babies are a possibility.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Firstly your basking temps are too high.
120 is hot hot hot.
The max you want is 110 and that is for a very young dragon.
Idealy you want 95-105.

Colours can be affected for a number of reasons.
How old is your dragon?
What is the brand of your basking bulb and UV bulb?
Is the UV bulb a strip? A coil? A compact?

Holly

Maranda

For some reason even tho mine is only 6-7months she isnt bright...she is kinda dull looking and sorta black. I dont know what color or kind she really is. She is already 14" long and just shed today.
Here is a back pic of her and a head pic. Can someone help me out? She eats like she should, C/MW/Greens/Vit Sup her lamps/bulbs are fine, Temps are 100 on hot side and 80 on cool side. She is content too. I just wonder what kind she is or what color she might be.

Zod1-27-09007.jpg

Zod1-27-09008.jpg

Thanks
Maranda

peera

Sub-Adult Member
She looks like a normal bearded dragon. That's the color most of them are unless they show a color morph.

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
Hi I've got a couple of reds at home that when their colours aren't 'out' look very similar to this one :)
Was wondering if the first Beardie asked about is still settling in to his new surrounds?

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
I am very sad about Zinger's lack of color. I swear he was brighter when we first got him. His beard is CRAZY orange, but his body is....barely yellow w/ blue sidebars. :( I wonder if it is because he is ALWAYS shedding

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
Guys, when I first got into beardies & before I found this site, I didn't realise they had ANY colours apart from grey. Apart from the 5 one yr olds I bought recently that actually show their colours in the sun already, I only discovered the colours of my other 7 once they reached the 1and 1/2 to 2 yr mark, especially once sexually active I guess you'd say. It's been exciting to discover their colours as we go along & see the way they can vary according to the time of day and what's around them. Maybe I'm just saying be patient, as it doesn't make them any less interesting or lovable (not that I'm saying any of you are thinking that :oops: ) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom