My berdie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some issues with my new berdie breathing and now he just sits on his rock with his head up I have not seen him eat in about 3 days now. He all so looks as if he is sleeping the hot side is 104.1 and on the cool side 72-80.1 I have let him soak in warm water for about 12 min a day so he can get water. I have a 75wt basking build made by zoomed and a 18'' exo terra repti glow 10.0 for lighting I'm in the process of setting up a new home for him now as of now he is in an exo terra 18x18x18 and will be moveing him into a 40gal set up soon. :?:

speedyfuzzball

Hatchling Member
I'm sorry your beardie isn't feeling well.. :(
I know that ReptiSun 10.0 florescent tubes or Arcadia D3 12% florescent tubes are the only UVB lights that should be used with bearded dragons and any others can actually harm to them so I would switch out the exo terra repti glow for one of the two bulbs I just mentioned.

Hey there, I'm no expert on beardies, but in the reading that I've done I've heard bad things about the Repti-Glow 10.0 lights. I read an article earlier today that was talking about the UV index of that specific light, and that it's "too concentrated" (not the words they used, but best way I can think to describe it) for most reptiles. I'll see if I can find the forum/article I was reading earlier today and post the link....Not sure if that's your problem or not, but it may be part of it :)

wooddragon

Original Poster
I just ordered a reptisun 24'' 10.0 should be in my hands by the 6th any other ideas of way he may be acting this way

speedyfuzzball

Hatchling Member
I'm not an expert either but I know you've taken a huge step forward by getting a Reptisun =) Hopefully someone more experienced will sign on soon and offer some advice.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
What type of thermometer are you measuring temps with? Round ones can be off by 20 degrees. You need a digital with a probe or a temp gun. He may be too hot.

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
No sure what this could be, but I would suggest you re name this post. Especially since you make note of breathing troubles. If you name the subject header something along that line you may get more notice. You can edit your own post by using the edit button on the right side of your posting. Good Luck.

Is he still having breathing issues?

wooddragon

Original Poster
Well I now think I know what was wrong 1st the Exo terra 18x18x18 was to small and that darn 10.0 exo terra light had the little guy frying I just put him in his new home a 40 gal breeder and with out that light and boy what a change in behavior

wooddragon

Original Poster
Me to I think I have it now so we will let his settle into his new home for now thanks for all the help everyone much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom