my beardy won't stop jumping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my dragon Toby was very good for a while with relaxing while i held him, but lately he imidiately wants to jump as soon as i put him on my chest and try to chill with him. The reason why i put this in the health discussion is because he will jump from my shoulders and i heard a story that a dragon jumped from a womans shoulder and 2 days later it died from internal problems. so my question is; how can i relax my dragon and stop him from wanting to jump?or does it stop the older he gets?

Tigg

Juvie Member
Beardies are generally jumpy and inquisitive when they are younger... And yes they usually do calm down with age. I would just say to "beardie proof" your room a little bit in case she does get away from you... and as long as you are not too high off the ground when she jumps, I wouldn't worry to much.

My little girl is a little jumpy still but loves being on my shoulder, I usually just try to hold on to her tail a little just in case she decices to jump off, I will either feel her prepairing and should be able to stop her.

A harness with a long lead of string will work as well, this way she can around and if you are careful you can guide her away from anything he may slip or fall off.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Yep just have to wait till it gets older. My 2 girls are almost 3 months old and boy they are still zoomie but not as bad as they were before. Don't place them in any situation where they may jump and get injured. We learned this with our older guy hes 8 months now but when he was 3 months he jumped from our couch to the coffee table and bonked his head it dazed him for a while. He settled down around 4 to 5 months of age. Good luck with your baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom