My Beardies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My love of bearded dragons came very unexpectedly. I was on a work trip to Iowa, from Casper, Wyoming. We stopped in a small pet store in Webster, Iowa after a flu shot clinic. As we walked around, the man at the counter asked me if I'd ever held a bearded dragon. I said no, I hadn't and so he plopped this little guy in my hand... I was in absolute love. I had a snake at home and absolutely loved him so, I took a daring decision and without my boyfriends permission, I scooped him up and took him with me! I named him Riddick right away because of my love for Vin Diesel and I haven't looked back since. Riddick is my "child." When he's not busy eating or basking, he's always in my arms and I absolutely love it.

I got Riddick in November of 2015. My next dragon came on Valentine's Day. My boyfriend wasn't sure what to get me for Valentine's Day so we went shopping. I wasn't happy with anything we'd found, until we found Brighid (pronounced like Bridgett, only with a d). When we got her, she was about one month old. The first time I held her, I was absolutely in love. She's a sassy, sweet little girl who loves to hide in her tree. She's absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to keep watching her grow.

My newest baby was a rescue. I've only had him for a couple of weeks now, but he was one of the best investments I think I could have made. His previous owner had kept him in a small breeder tank with two other adult beardies. At one point he was bitten on the leg by another, and the guy just let him sit. His leg had to be amputated and he had to go through several treatments to make him healthy again after finding many health problems. Stitch is a beautiful dragon with an amazingly tender and loving heart. He only deserves the best of the best and I intend to give him just that!

(Riddick)

(Riddick)

(Brighid)

(Stitch)

(Stitch)

(Stitch) (I found him sleeping like this!)

BG23

Hatchling Member
Great story and I bet stitch can sleep a lot better now that he knows he's being taken care of and loved. They are all beautiful. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom