My beardies is dying :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosieeek

I posted a few days ago about my beardie having a possible impaction, I took her to the vet and got x rays and they said she was either impacted or had a tumor. Because of the downhill battle we've been fighting since wednesday, I'm going to assume this was more than just impaction.

I woke up this morning and my beardie Nessy is almost dead. She gets scared and gasps for air every couple of minutes, but otherwise her eyes are half closed and her tongue is out. I need advice on how to deal with this - i've just been holding her but I don't want her to have to suffer like this for days. Or maybe someone has gone through something similar and knows what to expect?

Thank you :(

waltersgirl

I am so sorry. I have had to put a couple of beardies down and it is not easy to watch them die. I would call a vet and see if one can put your baby down and take away the discomfort she is feeling. My vet does it just for the cost of the medication. You have my heartfelt sympathy as it has not been but several weeks since I had to put my Pumpkin down.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a very hard call, I know. If she really is suffering badly then you can definitely try to see a vet to put her down. Usually when they are at that stage, the agonal breathing, etc, it doesn't take a whole lot longer. They do tend to hold on awhile though, but it is up to you. Sometimes holding them is a comfort for you both, also, though extremely difficult.
My heart goes out to you, I am so sorry she is not going to make it. :cry:

Tracie

rosieeek

Original Poster
Nessy passed away this morning :( I think she stuck around so I could hold her and say goodbye. It was extremely hard, she died about two hours after my original post. Thank you everyone for your support <3

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry to hear about Nessy ! :( That's 2 threads like this in 2 days. So sad, and I'm truly sorry + offer all my sympathy.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry you lost Nessy. :cry: You are right, she was comforted by you holding her, as her soul was imprinted on you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom