My Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can post pics by uploading them to a web host like tinypic or photobucket and then post the url with the img tag in the forum.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moderator Note: Please do not make assumptions on how the beardie is being taken care of. Ask questions first, then provide constructive criticism based on the information received.

As always, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

1. Is the UV bulb a ReptiSun or ReptiGlo?
If it's a ReptiGlo, anything stronger than an 8.0 would be doing more harm than good, as the UV emitted is at a dangerous level.
2. How far up is the UV mounted in relation to her basking spot?
3. Even though you bathe her, she may not absorb as much as she needs. Try giving her droplets of water from your finger while she's in her bath.
Pookie, my oldest beardie, had always had weekly baths for longer than 15 min, but he was always slightly dehydrated. I kept the overall house humidity at a comfortable level (no static during the winter months), but it didn't help. I finally decided to train him to drink water from a syringe, which turned out to be the best "stupid beardie trick" (kidding, of course) ever.
4. Like others had said, any form of medication can cause a beardie to not want to eat, even for those who are food fiends. Depending on the antibiotic that was given to yours, it could very well had compromised her system more than it was. You can supplement her daily diet with unflavored soy yogurt or any other probiotic.
5. Though regular baby food isn't the best alternative, it does contain protein and vitamins that your beardie desperately needs right now. Plain chicken contains the most protein with low levels of sodium (be careful of the sodium and sugar content; some are very high). Some people here mix the chicken with squash baby food, to make it more palatable.
6. I would be a little weary on giving her cat or dog food, as they would contain levels of vitamins/minerals that could be toxic to a reptile

With proper dosing and a mix of veggies, the Oxbow Carnivore Care (http://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/products/type/detail?object=1609) should get your girl to start eating on her own again. I had just ordered a bag for one of my girls, who had been off food for nearly 3 months but been 'force fed' baby food since.

Question: Is she still active and alert?

srogers896

Original Poster
Reptisun not glo.
The UVB is a tube unit. Its about 6-8inches from basking area. She can go to the UVB area or go out of it.
I have been giving her water by syringe too. Not a lot but small amount.
I do not know what the antibiotic was. All I know it was a mixture of Antibiotic and vitamins. I will see if I can find the bill and let you know for sure.
How would I give the unflavored soy yogurt or probiotics? Is the probiotics for horses dogs cows etc the same. I have that on hand its a power?
I just ordered the Oxbow Herb and Oxbow Carn. Should I switch off feedings? Like 1 feeding 1 and 2 feedings the other. Currently she is getting 3ml for 3 feedings a day. I was going to get baby food chicken and I did have the squash I was mixing in with the food from vet. As soon as the Oxbow gets here I am taking her off the other stuff.
She is semi alert (not how she was before) and alittle active (not anywhere near as she was).

I was going to ad some photos but don't have those type of accounts.

srogers896

Original Poster
Still waiting for the oxbox to come in the mail. She is less active the last few days. I really think im going to lose her. She is still taking in her food/water and 10min soak everyday. I just don't know what is going with her, and no one else seems to have an answer. Waiting for poo so I can take in for test..

Im really just at a lost. Since day one she has never been a very big eater. Now my male I bought a few weeks ago is a huge eater very active. Cant wait for you to give him food. She has never been this way. I just don't know.

srogers896

Original Poster
MY BEAUTIFUL GIRL DIED A FEW MIN AGO. THX FOR WHO TRIED TO HELP............. I WISH VETS COULDVE DONE SOMETHING.............. IM SO TORE UP RIGHT NOW...

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I am so sorry to hear this. You certainly tried all that you could.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I am so sorry you lost your beardie. I don't know if a company will take the food back, but what you can do is donate them to a beardie rescue in your area in your beardies name if you would like to go that route or a reptile rescue. They would gladly take the food for rescues. Again I am so very sorry to hear you lost your dragon. I know as do many others just how hard it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom