My Beardie will only eat mealworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmandaK

Our 4 month old Beardie will only eat mealworms. When we got her a couple months ago she would eat crickets but no vegetables or fruits. Now she has stopped eating crickets too. I have tried collard greens, romaine lettuce, corn, carrots, peas, green beans, apples, pears and bananas. I tried the freeze dried crickets too. I was told not to give her to many mealworms as they are fatty. I don't know what to do since that is the only thing she will eat.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Not only are they fatty, but the hard shell is an impaction risk. You can give her superworms, but only after she's 16 inches. Try the other types of worms- butterworms, phoenix worms, hornworms, silkworms... But they all tend to get very expensive. Really, the best, cheapest thing to do is just to keep offering crickets and hope she starts taking them again.

hey, i wouldnt worry about too many meal worms, its wax worms that are fatty people wont give meal worms to babies because theyre harder to digest, but my beardie is the same age as urs and hes fine on them, he seems to be going through stages. so i wouldnt be concerned. Ull probably find that the older your beardy gets the more it will eat veg x (p.s, thats just what i was told from a reptile store) the other one to try is locusts, but dont give her too many because theyre addictive x

dragons1222

Juvie Member
mealworms should never be given to beardies they do not sigest them well

you can only give superworms if you can find babies as they bigger ones will be too big

just stop offering mealworms all together and keep offering crickets she will eat them eventialy

also with the greens she is still young so i would not worry about that for now just keep offering them and she will start to eat them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom