My beardie threw up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronni1123

I gave her large crickets for the first time because the space between her eyes is a little over an inch. She is about 11" long.

She ate them all, and seemed very happy.
But then today she is throwing them up?
She also seems lethargic, and I'm afraid I might be throwing her sleep schedule off, due to having insomnia. (Her vivarium is right next to my bed.)

I have grown very close to her. I feed her crickets about 3-4 times a week, and then Bearded dragon pellets that have dried crickets, and mealworms mixed in. (She loves her pellets). I also feed her fresh greens. (Lima beans, green beans, carrots, collard greens, and banana. Sometimes apple.)

She does not have a consistent feeding schedule. I have a very crazy schedule with work, and don't have the ability to feed her the same time everyday.

Other than that, she is very well taken care of.
Please help me. I have grown close to her, and she has grown close to me, :( too. I don't want to lose her.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there... she's not ready for large crickets yet, that's what caused her to vomit. They can swallow them, but not digest them at that size. Be sure to give shallow, lukewarm baths to hydrate her, also you can drip water in her nose/mouth area to encourage her to drink since she will be dehydrated now. She may not eat for a day or two, but be sure to go back to smaller crickets. Also you want to be careful of the dry mixes , they can have insects that are too hard/large. She will probably bounce right back in a day or two.

Ronni1123

Original Poster
AHBD":1t2tkkno said:
Hi there... she's not ready for large crickets yet, that's what caused her to vomit. They can swallow them, but not digest them at that size. Be sure to give shallow, lukewarm baths to hydrate her, also you can drip water in her nose/mouth area to encourage her to drink since she will be dehydrated now. She may not eat for a day or two, but be sure to go back to smaller crickets. Also you want to be careful of the dry mixes , they can have insects that are too hard/large. She will probably bounce right back in a day or two.

She now has a runny stool, and holding her mouth open a bit.
Is this also because of that?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's likely to be related to her vomiting . She will be dehydrated, so be sure to give some water/ bath right away.

Ronni1123

Original Poster
AHBD":2lf9ly50 said:
It's likely to be related to her vomiting . She will be dehydrated, so be sure to give some water/ bath right away.

She is in her bath right now. The container is covered with a cloth so she can soak up as much moisture as possible. She is closing her eyes, so I'm guessing the water feels good.
How often should I do this today?

Ronni1123

Original Poster
Please help me. When she breathes, she extends her rib cage really far, and puffs out her beard. I know it's not because she is scared of me because she has never done this to me.

Should I turn off her light?
Or keep her out of the vivarium?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No, keep her warm in the viv, with lights on. She may vomit again. Did you watch her the whole time when you had her in the water? She may have aspirated a little bit [ breathed some in ] But keep her warm, and lights on , she needs to be completely dry and more relaxed before the lights go off.

Ronni1123

Original Poster
AHBD":ubqv36gb said:
No, keep her warm in the viv, with lights on. She may vomit again. Did you watch her the whole time when you had her in the water? She may have aspirated a little bit [ breathed some in ] But keep her warm, and lights on , she needs to be completely dry and more relaxed before the lights go off.

She might have breathed some in.. I'm doing all I can for her. I feel so dumb. :( I should have known better.

I have her in her viv right now. She seems more alert, and her stomach isn't bulging, and there is no lump on her back.. so she isn't impacted. I think all of the crickets may have passed..

Is there anything I should watch out for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom