My Beardie stop eating greens, is there something wrong with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smaug3601

my Bearded Dragon used to eat his greens like a week or two before,
But now he wont eat them. He only wants his Dubia Roach, I tried to put the dubias in the same plate as the greens to see if he eats them both, but he wont, only eats the dubias and avoid the greens.

Is there something wrong with my bearded dragon?
or is he just being picky??
is this normal?
would something bad happen to my beardie if he stops eating his greens, and only eats Dubia Roach??

ruben0311

Juvie Member
it depends on how old he is, if still young then he's still gonna be needing the animal proteins anyway, still offer greens everyday however. if he is older then increased animal proteins can cause obesity, and other health issues, and greens should definately be the more sought after food. hes probably just being picky, i'd choose a cheeseburger over a salad any day of the week... although my doctor would definitely kill me... if you are worried about any nutritional loss from him not eating greens though just feed those greens to the dubia and blamo! food chain bitches! < pardon my french

Smaug3601

Original Poster
ok thanks :)
my Beardie is like 10 to 11 months old.
I guess I will start giving the turnip greens and other greens to my dubia roach.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
yeah just keep offering them in his cage but since he'll more than likely not want to eat them just do a few, it'll be easier to keep track of them also to see if he is at least nibbling on them.

Smaug3601

Original Poster
Thanks, he ate some greens today :)
And he also ate a banana that he refused to eat them too. Hes being rally picky. But atleast he ate some today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom