My Beardie Not Eating His Veggies!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't eat his veggies, or his fruits, or greens, and I don't think he's getting enough calcium powder!! He might be dehydrated as well. I'm so worried for him!!!!!!!!!!! One problem at a time, though. Any advice? He eats so much insects that he's trying to eat them through the container. I heard somewhere that if bearded dragons eat too many insects, then their digestive track or stomach will not do very good. I can't really remember it was some time ago. But whatever, I need help!! Calcium powder problem: put it on his insects. Dehydration problem: probably either spray water in his mouth, or give him daily baths. He won't drink then gets dehydrated, and finally drinks from a bowl. I have to hold it up to him though. Sometimes he just looks at it and moves on. What to do? What do I do about his veggie/fruit/greens problem?! He loves blueberries and strawberries, though not very good for him. And two more questions can he eat escarole and arugala? And what about rhubarb? (I think that I spelled that right.) I already fed him arugala and escarole. I think. What ever the two that are the healthiest, well, can they eat eggs?? Egg whites and egg yolks. If so which ones, neither, or both? They're boiled, by the way, and I already fed him some of that, too. He's sleeping quite a lot, he's probably brumating, did I spell that right? I think so. The only reason I asked is because its putting a red line under it that means somethings not spelled right, do you know the line? It's ridiculous!! He's like, half brumating though because he's not sleeping that much. Thanks everyone again for the many times you've helped me! I know I've said it in the previous posts, but thanks, really.

BeardedDragonLover11 :)

Toddzilla1108

Hatchling Member
First off, check out http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

It's a great chart (color coded too!) with what you should and shouldn't feed beardies. (Not EVERYTHING is on there, however). But most of your questions would be answered there in terms of what to feed your dragon.

You put the calcium powder 5 times a week if you're feeding your dragon crickets (if she's young), and 2x reptivite per week is what I've seen. You can also lightly dust the veggies with calcium if you please. If your dragon isn't eating the veggies, just give it time. Offer the bowl before insects, and eventually your dragon will associate the veggies with food. Try offering brightly colored veggies, also, experiment with different colors.

In terms of hydration, I believe most of their hydration comes from live insects. So he may not drink every day. But as long as you mist him twice a day and bathe her a few times a week I'm sure he'll be fine. If you can't get him to drink you can add a little sweetness like juice to the water and drop it on his snout.

To my knowledge young beardies don't brumate, so being really sleepy may mean he is dehydrated.

How does his poops look?

A more experienced beardie owner will give you better advice. But that's what I came up for right now.

BeardedDragonLover11

Original Poster
Toddzilla1108":1sljy3vl said:

It's a great chart (color coded too!) with what you should and shouldn't feed beardies. (Not EVERYTHING is on there, however). But most of your questions would be answered there in terms of what to feed your dragon.

You put the calcium powder 5 times a week if you're feeding your dragon crickets (if she's young), and 2x reptivite per week is what I've seen. You can also lightly dust the veggies with calcium if you please. If your dragon isn't eating the veggies, just give it time. Offer the bowl before insects, and eventually your dragon will associate the veggies with food. Try offering brightly colored veggies, also, experiment with different colors.

In terms of hydration, I believe most of their hydration comes from live insects. So he may not drink every day. But as long as you mist him twice a day and bathe her a few times a week I'm sure he'll be fine. If you can't get him to drink you can add a little sweetness like juice to the water and drop it on his snout.

To my knowledge young beardies don't brumate, so being really sleepy may mean he is dehydrated.

How does his poops look?

A more experienced beardie owner will give you better advice. But that's what I came up for right now.

Thank you so much, he's about 1 1/2 I think. He ate a cherry tomato and a half and drank a lot of water in the bath, he gets canned and freeze dried insects but I'm probably going to try on the fruit flies, they're something different and he's liking like the bugs outside.
Thanks and thanks again, I will take pics of his poop, (that sounds weird lol), but he's pooped like three days in a row. In the bath he usually poops, but this time he didn't. Weird....... He nearly drowned himself in the bath today!! He's getting back on track, though.

BeardedDragonLover11

BeardedDragonLover11

Original Poster
BeardedDragonLover11":3ithp62f said:
Toddzilla1108":3ithp62f said:

How does his poops look?

Thank you so much, he's about 1 1/2 I think. He ate a cherry tomato and a half and drank a lot of water in the bath, he gets canned and freeze dried insects but I'm probably going to try on the fruit flies, they're something different and he's liking like the bugs outside.
Thanks and thanks again, I will take pics of his poop, (that sounds weird lol), but he's pooped like three days in a row. In the bath he usually poops, but this time he didn't. Weird....... He nearly drowned himself in the bath today!! He's getting back on track, though.

BeardedDragonLover11
Alright, he pooped yesterday and today, both look good. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom