My beardie made it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarr

in oregon where i live it snows like once every two years but this past 2 days it snowed a whole foot along with ice storms.. we lost power at my house and my beardie survived in 55 degree temperatures for a 24 hours not his cage is back up to 80 degrees
thank god.

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
That's good to hear but 80 degrees is still low.

Can you get his home up to 100-110.

That's ideal conditions for a dragon.

Tarr

Original Poster
Poisoned1":4fc0a said:
That's good to hear but 80 degrees is still low.

Can you get his home up to 100-110.

That's ideal conditions for a dragon.

no i cant i dont have a heater in my room.. and its 15 degrees outside still.. his basking spot is 90 he chills out there all day and only comes down for food and to chase his reflection in the mirror

hahah i just some him drink water for the first time that was cool

Trogdor_1

Juvie Member
If you lower your basking lamp or raise the basking platform, his temps will go up. At the lowest he should be sitting at is 95*. Ideal is around 100*

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Glad that you are both ok and that the snow/ice storm have ended for now. We had both too. Did you use heat packs underneath your beardie to help keep him warm during the power outage?

It is true, that the very minimum a basking temp should be is 95, otherwise they can't digest properly which can cause all sorts of health problems. What is the cool side temp? Are you using either a temp gun or a digital with a probe end to check the temps?

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
I am also in Oregon so I feel for ya. You must be in the Salem/Portland area. I heard it was really bad up there. We had this last year also. We only got about 8" of snow. But here is an idea to help. Get some rice and put it in a ziploc baggie and microwave for a minute. Cover it with a washcloth or handtowel and up it on his basking area. It will up his temps and the heat light will continue to keep it warm. We also lost power but we have a generator so our beardies were okay.

Tarr

Original Poster
pscaulkins":7e8c9 said:
I am also in Oregon so I feel for ya. You must be in the Salem/Portland area. I heard it was really bad up there. We had this last year also. We only got about 8" of snow. But here is an idea to help. Get some rice and put it in a ziploc baggie and microwave for a minute. Cover it with a washcloth or handtowel and up it on his basking area. It will up his temps and the heat light will continue to keep it warm. We also lost power but we have a generator so our beardies were okay.

yeah im north of salem and south of portland.. 14 inches right now.. and 3 more expected tonight.
white christmas :D

WOW....you guys are lucky...I live in New Brunswick Canada..
and we were just hit...
The snow is about 4 - 5 feet...
LOL

I had to shovel my way to my car to get in the car door...to go to work every morning..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom