my beardie just vomited...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhigginsjr88

Hatchling Member
I just walked over to her tank and noticed this nasty looking thing. At first I thought it was a nasty runny poop but then lookin closer I can make out a bunch of undigested crickets and this nasty yellow stuff at one end. There aren't any herp or exotic vets around her what do I do? I am very worried I just got her last week? Please help asap.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
What are her basking temps? What do you feed her? What type of substrate do you have?

I was just going to post that our beardie threw up too. I thought it was poop but there was a pile of poop on his log. And there was 2 piles of vomit on the floor. One was a pile of eatin crickets and the other was his mixed greens and other food. One was in the shape of a cone. I too am concerned as we haven't even had ours for a week yet.

He is shedding right now. He is 5-6 months old 14 inches long and we haven't weighed him yet. If he needs to be weighed for answers then we will. But we will weigh him on the weekend for sure. We have slate tiles. Temps are 98.9 & 73 (cool side). Food is greens and dusted crickets (with D3)

bhigginsjr88

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Her basking temp is 101F I've been feeding her 1/2 inch crix 30-50 twice a day and substrate is paper towels. She's 5 months old she alittle over 15 inches long idk how much she weighs.

Ok, this is weird. You just posted a topic that I was about to post as our BD's just did the same thing. We've both had our BD's for a week. Your name is Brian and well, my name is Ryan. (insert spooky music). Hope we both find out what is going on with our Beardies.

I have to work 7am-7pm tomorrow and Thursday and hoping to hear back about something before then. I have been reading some other topics about vomiting. I could be a number off things but not to sure. I think that mine might have had a too big of a cricket but not sure. It looked big but smaller than the gap between his eyes. I just hope he will be ok while I am at work. I can't even get to the reptile store where I got him until Friday.

Hope yours feels better soon and we get it figured out soon.

bhigginsjr88

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I had mine shipped from NC and I live in NY but I did email the lady I bought her from so just waitin to hear back from her.

bhigginsjr88

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I had mine shipped from NC and I live in NY but I did email the lady I bought her from so just waitin to hear back from her.

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
brian is it? Your beardie sounds like they just had a tummy ache mine through up once when he was 2months old but thats becuase he ate too much :roll: give it a week make sure he/she is eating good and pooping good :) if not then id be concerned and try to call local vets to see if theyll take a herp some do but not many. If he/she starts eat regularly again and pooping good then theres no worrys :) sounds like ur temps are fine and such though if ur basking side is 101 u might want to bump it up to 105-110 they like it alil hotter on one side.

bhigginsjr88

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's kind of what I was thinking that she might have eaten too much but I wasn't sure...thanks articwolfgirl...and yup I'm Brian.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
a couple of weeks ago i woke up to find my beardie had 3 poops and had vomited crickets. He had ate a lot the day before (he seemed greedier than normal). i was really worried and thought the worse. He wouldn't eat when i put crickets in later that day and seemed quite lethargic (but so woul'd anyone be if they'd spent the night being sick and pooping!). However he did come round and ate later, although not as many as usual. He was fine the next day and hasn't been sick since. i put mine down to eating too much so just keep an eye on yours and try not to worry too much, he/she might be ok in the morning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom