My beardie just threw up [w/PIC] GRAPHIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crud!!!! He just threw this up

2w30pwo.jpg

There were WHOLE CRICKETS in it and obviously you could see the mealworm, the puke was nearly about the size of his body, what could be wrong?

The temps are fine and are around 110 or so in his basking spot so it cant possibly be that.

Ambulance

Hatchling Member
Oh no!
I hope your little guy is ok =(
I don't know much about why he could have thrown that up, so I just wanted to give you and your little guy my best wishes.
I hope someone can help you soon.

BaronTheBD

Original Poster
yeah im hoping hes ok, I was just shocked when i actually saw him throw that up, it didnt even look it was possible for him to throw something that big up :puke:

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hello there,
The only reason i have come across for a beardie throwing up is dehydration.
Id get Baron in a nice long bath asap.

Holly

BaronTheBD

Original Poster
Ethelia":81ca1 said:
Hello there,
The only reason i have come across for a beardie throwing up is dehydration.
Id get Baron in a nice long bath asap.

Holly

i gave him a nice long bath and he still threw up a very tiny bit afterwards so ill see how it goes.

Hes definitely not looking as active though and his beard and belly has been black for over a whole day now and he hasnt been as ALERT :(

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
he's obviously not digesting properly; the question is, why?

the basking temp should be fine but it could go up a little to about 115 as long as you make sure you keep him hydrated

parasites can be responsible for beardies not digesting and throwing up so it may be worth getting a fecal done (I think it's cryptosporidiosis that can cause vomiting but I may be wrong and there may be other causes)

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
THis is the first time right?

I wonder if some thing in his system just did not agree.

When was the last fecal check?

BaronTheBD

Original Poster
Poisoned1":1fbf9 said:
THis is the first time right?

I wonder if some thing in his system just did not agree.

When was the last fecal check?
Yeah its the first time he hasnt gotten a fecal done yet i just got him around late november early december.

I think hes feeling a little better now, his belly is white again, hes back to being alert and active, but hasnt eaten that much. I think he may have been dehydrated or something i dropped some water on his nose and he kept drinking for a few minutes.

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
a fecal might still be a good idea - they can come to you with parasites (in fact they usually do) and then the stress of the move lowers their resistance to them and the parasites build up till they can't cope with them. This happened to Trevor and I would now always recommend that a fecal is done a few weeks after getting a new beardie just to be on the safe side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom