MY beardie is shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone fellow breadie owner's :) Have a question newbie here had her since july i know she is a older lizard 14 1/2 long and fat now that I have her. :D She was really skinny when I first got her. but my question is it normal to shed in only in spot's on her body? she had a bright blue on her arm now gone shedded that.........now on her stomach? i do give her a bath once a week does that help with the shedding? or am I doing something wrong? any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks....

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your post was not visible in Website comments which is probably one reason it was not getting any remarks yet.
It is very normal for a dragon that is not growing much anymore to shed in just a few areas here & there. That happens when they get a little older & are not growing rapidly anymore.
You can bathe daily to help with shedding during that time, for 15-20 minutes, on average.
She will eventually shed, so try not to worry quite yet.

Tracie

DesertHummingbird

Original Poster
Thank you Tracie for your help she is shedding all over I will put her in the bath tub right now. Is it ok to help peel it off? Thanks again really appreciate it. and thanks for moving it.

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
yeah, my beardie starts with his tail and legs then head, then belly, then back(last weekend) ..... now his tail is starting to shed again!!! it's a non-stop process for me :roll:

DesertHummingbird

Original Poster
Well mine is all over started with her leg, now her whole body man she was fricky out in the bath. rubbing and scrathing big time. got alot off her now she is fine. such a sweetheart. So much color on her now gold and brown's not the prettiest breadie around but still
cute to me Her mommy. I have only had her a month and she is 14 1/2" long so I know she is a older breadie. Thanks for the reply...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom