My Beardie is not well :( tips and help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightFury

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
K I will get a copy of the blood test results tomorrow when I pick up my benebac, I was also going to ask her about any other fluids she would recommend. She is ok at the moment, she likes to keep her eyes closed alot of the times but sometimes she will be alert and look around at what's going on. I have only been doing topical treatments for the yellow fungus. She gave me the baytril to try to help improve her appetite and help her combat bacteria inside her is pretty much what she said. She never offered an X-ray she only said that she would get her right on fluids right away if I took her in and wanted them to try to save her. I do believe my main issue with my UVB lighting all this time was because I used a coil bulb at first then went to a tube but it had a plastic covering I later tore off when I found out it was bad. Also I did have a screen between her and the bulb for a long time so for the past week I have been keeping it off the cage so it's just the bulb and her, with nothing in between. So I do believe that she may have not produced enough D3 since it wasn't always on her. The cal supplement did have D3 also tho. The UVB is currently about 8 inches away from the highest point of her basking spot. She seems about 12 inches away from it right now cuz she's not directly under it. I have been bathing her everyday to help hydrate her as well as use pedialyte and also been watering down baby food do she can drink it. Luckily she knows how to drink from water bowls when in not here and at work. Oh and do u think I should give her some milk thistle to help her liver? I heard its good stuff.

NightFury

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I had the 5.0 reptisun for about 2 months at the latest I'd say and I mixed the critical care with only water. You think I should use a juice? I know most juices have lots of sugar. If u think I should stop the baytril I will. Thank u so much for helping me :) u help give me some hope.

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Oh, the Poor Baby! I'm so sorry your little bit is having such a bad time right now!
Please don't blame yourself about the calcium. It doesn't seem like 3x a week
would over dose her as she is small and needs the calcium for healthy growth.
You were just being a good Beardie parent trying to give her good nutrition.
My thoughts are with you and Night Fury! I hope she pulls thru for you.
(((((Hugs)))))
Amanda

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You can mix the critical care with apple or grape juice, but dilute it with water so it isn't too sweet.
Baytril is not an antibiotic to help with appetite, it is an antibiotic to help with infection so if she does not have an infection I would stop giving it at this time, it is making her worse right now. The benebac is fine to help with her appetite & her gut flora now since she has been on treatments for yellow fungus.
The topical treatments do well but it depends on the severity as to whether or not an oral antifungal should be used or not.
Also, the Reptisun 5 is ok, but not the strongest. It is possible that her system is a little messed up due to the UVB lighting for a short bit.
The improper lighting will cause a lot of problems with absorption which snowballs into health issues. The calcium is not able to be absorbed properly but can still yield a high blood serum but the bones are being leached to maintain a normal blood calcium level for neurological function. I hope that this is all it is. We will try to get her going back in the right direction.
The Milk thistle would be fine to use to help with the liver.
Super, I will PM you my email address so you can send the results.

Tracie

NightFury

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you all again for being so kind :) I am very happy that I have all this support and everyone is keeping high hopes for me. My beardie seems ok today, she still wont eat but she willingly drinks from her watered down baby food on her own which makes me happy. She is also alert of whats going on and is keeping her eyes open most of the time. She also holds herself up while she basks and doesnt lay flat. Lets just hope I can somehow get her to recover, shes my little angel :)

NightFury

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello all I appretiate very much all the support you all have given me. My beardie passed away yesterday morning :( she couldn't take it anymore. I am very sad about the loss but I am glad she is no longer in pain. Thank you all again and I hope you all have lots of happy moments with your beardies in the future.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I am so sorry to hear that NightFury crossed over. You did your very best, but it was just too much for her.
Hugs,
Esther

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Oh NightFury,
She knows you tried so hard to help her.
Above all else your little Dragon knew you
loved her very much and that matters!
I'm so very sorry your Little One passed!
Tears and Hugs,
Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom