My beardie is gravid and has lost her fat pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamlyn94

I'm so worried about my baby, This will be her 3rd clutch, she's been laying 32-37 eggs every 2 weeks. She's a year and a half. She was 650g at her highest then went to 600g and is now 560g. I noticed about a week ago that her fat pads on her head have sunk in. She was at the vet a month ago and has no parasites. She's still eating, drinking and basking. Can this sometimes happen in gravid beardies?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your girl has been busy!

It definitely can happen, egg laying in and of itself is very taxing and demanding on the system, let alone 3 clutches. Keep feeding her and keep her diet healthy, and keep the calcium supplementation up. Hopefully she will stop soon and be able to recover.

I wouldn't worry too much as long as shes acting healthy and still eating and drinking. It's a good amount of weight loss, but still at 560g, she's got a lot to spare :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Tamlyn94

Original Poster
Thank you for replying so fast! That's a bit of a relief to know that it can happen! I still called the vet to see what she thinks too. I worry about her so much lol

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's just not super common for them to lay that many clutches in such a short period. It does happen, but hers are just really short in between lol.

She must think she has superior genetics and needs to spread them! haha. :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom