MY BEARDIE IS DYING!!!! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!! PLEASEEEE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy98

omg my dragon ate a frog that my boyfriend caught and I think it was poisonous or something cuz hes turning black and mouth is open and not acting right please someone help this is my baby!!!! i love him please help please!!!!!!!!

Ozzy98

Original Poster
i cant im 17 and i live w/ my parents, i cant im poor and my baby is dying i think what do i do?????????????

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Unfortunately, I hate to say this, but most dragons that eat frogs often end up dying...Unless you take him to a vet, there's really nothing else you can do :(

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
But it also depends on what kind of frog it was. If it wasn't poisonous then you'd have to worry about impaction...

Ozzy98

Original Poster
are you sure i cant believe this i love him so much he is my best friend.......is there any thing else i can do?? please!!!! it was such a mistake and i love him!!!!! anything at all i can do??????

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Emergencies like this require vet assistance, if you don't get him to a vet, you will very likely lose him. I'm really sorry this has happened to you.

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
I'm so sorry :( As far as I know there's nothing you can do besides taking it to a vet. I know in AZ we have an emergency mobile vet that will actually come to you...maybe that's an option you can look into? You need to do it asap!!

How's he acting right now?

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Have you tried calling an emergency vet phone number? Maybe they can give you more info over the phone. I really wish we could be more help, it really is heartbreaking to hear that he's in such a terrible state.

Ozzy98

Original Poster
i live in jacksonville florida, i put him on the branch closest to the basking light and he fell off and he never got back on it. he is almost laying on his side and his mouth is open his beard is black, and his eyes are wide open. and i can see him heaving heavily and its been almost 2 1/2 hours since he ate it. the frog was tiny it wasn't big at all but my boyfriend picked it up from the outside and fed it to him...hes dying???????? noooooo

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
I don't understand why he would feed your dragon a frog...
Try this number, it's an emergency vet:
(863) 424-9390

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Try calling the number from Sarbear, I have this terrible feeling that it's too late. I too would like to know why your boyfriend would feed your dragon a frog, no matter how small it was

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing this evening?
Why did your boyfriend put a frog in with your dragon? That is NEVER recommended, even with adult bearded dragons. He will need vet attention. Do you know if the frog was poisonous? Bearded dragons' diets do not consist of frogs in Australia so we should not feed them frogs in the US either. Plus, feeding things from outside is dangerous because you don't know if they have pesticides or chemicals on or in them from the environment which will kill your dragon.
I would try to give oral fluids to try & flush his system out as much as possible. Keep him warm overnight if possible, around 80 using a heating pad with a towel in between him & the pad.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom