My beardie is doing a little bit better today

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike911

I was able to get the antibiotic in and the vet called to see how he was today. Having some trouble getting him to take the calcium subtrate. I bought a new 150 watt light and think it might be too much. The temp around it is 118 and I don't know if it is too high. I thought there basking spot should be about 110. I am still worried and he still is not doing great but he has perked up a little bit. I sat with him in the tub and dripped water on his nose for about an hour. I lost track of time and he kept sticking his tongue out. usually when I do this he will lower his head and take in water but he didn't do it this time just licked the water from my hand. He did the gaging sound and opened his mouth when I moved him out of the cage which tells me he still has something wrong. His color looks a little bit better since the bath. I know I will get him back to health but it is still scary to see him not feeling well.

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
118 is definately too high, you'll probably need to switch down to a 100 watt bulb. 110 is optimal, a lot of people have something between 105 and 110, I usually end up with 106-107 degrees. Glad to hear your beardie is doing better!

spike911

Original Poster
Thank you and I have got his temp good now. Well I spent two days holding him squirting water into his mouth and putting worms on my leg so he would eat them since he wouldn't eat them in his tank. He is finally today perky and back to good health. No sounds of respriatory illness anymore and relieved that his color is back to normal. He did shed around his head which is probablly the reason for the poor skin color on his nose. He seems to be much better today. Thank you everyone for you help and so glad to have him back to health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom