My beardie is afraid of my father!

So Rocky either hates my father or is afraid my father, no seriously- at this point, I think he can't stand him. Rocky runs and hides at the sight of him or he totally does the mannequin challenge. Rocky never uses his hides other than to stand on- he went behind the hide and flattened out.
Another time, they had a 20 minute stare off- I yelled to my mother, you get your contestant and I will get mine. I think it was a tie by the way but it was on that day that Rocky lost all respect for him.

My father is fascinated with Rocky but get this, my father is a little overbearing over Rocky. Yes, I am too BUT I live with Rocky therefore he is used to my craziness.... daily. Rocky rules the house, and it's whatever, it works for us. Judge us not. :LOL:(y):oops::rolleyes:

So anyways, now when my father calls me, Rocky totally gets the black beard. What in the world am I going to do when my father visits? I can only say Rocky's in shed and needs to be left alone but so many times! While we may not be normal, this behavior can't be normal.
Don't make me choose my father or my beardie:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Beardie for the win!!! I'm playing, but seriously that is kindda weird. Maybe if your pappie spends some time around Rocky he'll get used to him.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Beardie for the win!!! I'm playing, but seriously that is kindda weird. Maybe if your pappie spends some time around Rocky he'll get used to him.
You know I was thinking the same LOL - I think he forgets that he's a giant and he tends to stand over Rocky- I keep telling him to stop but it's a fail. I just swoop Rocky up at this part and keep him in my arms. I never saw Rocky act that way BUT he didn't puff LOL and my mom was in the corner hoping he didn't bob LOL

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Lol, if he isn't puffing he isn't to upset. If he was truely scared he would puff, black beard and likely hiss at your pops.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Lol, if he isn't puffing he isn't to upset. If he was truely scared he would puff, black beard and likely hiss at your pops.
I've never seen the hiss and puff after that one time. Remember when I tried to put him in the smaller enclosure in preparation for the roadtrip? He jumped out and got angry. He woke up the next morning and hissed at me- puffed and got the black beard. I apologized, walked away and came back and he was still at it. I was petrified. Rocky thinks I disappeared because I left him alone for a day. I think he associates that behavior with my disappearance- okay, too much but Rocky knows that I was scared to death and we have some type of arrangement- no more puffing. I get Rocky upset when his spoiled self doesn't have his way- he thinks about it, takes a gulp then goes black instead LOL

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
You two have come a long ways :)
Although I'm still not sure who is in charge lmao.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Totally Rocky--- We just had another moment. Rocky was in the window and he jumped down (slid off my laptop but he's okay). I was curious why he wanted to go back to his enclosure because he just got out about 10 minutes ago and it's not like him. I put him in and he pooped. Awwwwwwwwwww Rocky! You know I think I have the smartest beardie ever LOL
So what do I do- I order a ramp with safety rails. This will prevent any accidental falls and it allow him to go and come as he pleases- it's a dog ramp but it will do and Rocky deserves it. Rocky deserves whatever he wants so you ask what @xp29 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Yup SPPOOIILLEEEDDDD LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom