My Beardie Ill Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
im soo glad shreks perked up a bit i hope he continues to be happier and healthier!
just a little warning beware of the heat mats, if he can get right on it it can cause a tummy burn he wont even realise hes being burnt until its already happened, id put it underneath your viv so it could heat the wood up or having said that if its glass that can get very hot indeed so place a towel/ flannel over the area and then he can sit on it if he likes.
:D

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Anna-
To bring the temps up during the day, try a higher wattage bulb, same kind as in your household lamps. Depending on your indoor temps a 50 or 75 watt should do. At night you can hang the heating pad inside on a wall and the air will warm up and he won't get burned. His night time viv temps can get down to 65 farenheight without worry. I gotta get a conversion chart! :lol:
Where are you that it's so cold? Even without a conversion chart, I know that's pretty chilly! You may be near Holly, I remember she's in Northern England, just can't remember where. It mustpretty late there, so let us know how he is doing tomorrow.

Sandy H

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hello there,
Sorry it took a while for me to get back. My internet decided it didnt want to play ball.

I understand the pain! Its always a little harder for us to get what we need here in England.
Could you tell me where abouts you are?
I can have a look round for you and locate some stores that sell live feeders and other stock for your future needs.
Im in Hull in East Yorkshire, whichi is a small docking town but even we have 3 reptile stores, so Im sure you will... you just need to hunt!

As has been mentioned livefoods.co.uk is a great site for your insects.
butterworms.co.uk is also good although is a little more pricey.

Ive recently discovered http://www.kimbosreptileworld.co.uk/ which is fantastic. It has all kinds of lighting and suppliments.
It even has MegaRays in for under £60.
They are very nice people over there and my MegaRay came in the post this morning.

Holly

AnnaD

Original Poster
JUST A BIG THANK YOU. since talking to you the other night, my baby is much better. he is on calcium, his vitamins, eating lots of greens and we are just waiting for his new light to come. i was worried sick, and talking to you really helped. i have been looking at your web site and think its wonderfull how you help people. some of the stories really touched my heart. thanks again. anna and 6month old shreck. across in the uk.

HowlinGaleDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Retired Moderator
Needed Changes:

Lightning:
Get a Zoo Med Repti-sun 10.0UVB or a Mega Ray 2 in 1

Suppliements:
Liquid Calcium
Rep-Cal Powder Calcium
Multi-Vitamin
Probiotics (Great to have Nazture zones makes a good one!)

Food:
Endive, Escarole, Dandelion Greens, Turnip Greens, Mustard Greens, Swiss Chard, Squash my guys also LOVE Cantelope

Live Food:
I would give him some Phoenix Worms to help with Calcium, Horn Worms and Silk Worms would also be a benefit for him :)

AnnaD

Original Poster
sorry holly, just got back on pc. kids tak over. im in the north west. preston in lancashire. we do have a few pet shops and slowly they are suppling reptile feed. i have orded a new light and hopefully we will be sorted then. thanks again. anna :D

kennylarsen

Hey,

For future reference, if you stick to tube UVB lights, then the arcadia D3 is also a suitable bulb and often much cheaper and easier to find ove rhere than a reptisun!

Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom