My beardie hates me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so my beardie is scared of everything but I trained her to be more chilled out. She’s 8/9 months old now and the past month and a bit has turned from scared to plain aggressive.

Every time I try to touch her, hold her, or even feed her she puffs up, flattens out and just loses it.

I used to handle her regularly, at least once a day but around 3 weeks after this behaviour started I’ve handled her less and less because the stress of it makes it really difficult for me.

I’ve read every possible form on handling baby beardies and I follow everything to a t, don’t approach from above, approach slowly, hold her gently, make sure she’s warm enough while she’s out, I’ve tried having her in a blanket and I’ve tried having my hand in the viv for 30 mins before taking her out/getting her used to me being there and just nothing works.

It’s stressing me out so much, I love her to bits but I can’t even hold her now she gets so worked up. I hate seeing her so stressed I just don’t know what to do.

Please help.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At that age perhaps the aggressiveness is hormones. I'd double check the heat and lighting as well to make sure that's all within a good range. If something is off in the habitat that can also make them upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom