My beardie hasnt eaten in 6 days. Plz help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill0405

Im a bit worried about my bearded. Its been 6 days since he's eaten anything, and he just sits in 1 spot all day looking very tired. when i hold food in front of his face to get him to eat, he closes his eyes and ignores it. When I take him out of the cage, he seems to gain lots of energy. He runs around, he enjoys the daily bath's ive been giving him since he stopped eating, but when i put him back in his cage, he goes back to his spot on the log and lays there lazilly. It looks like he may be losing weight because his skin is starting to fold a lot on the sides. I did temperature measurements yesterday and his basking area is 100.5 deg, and the cool side of his tank is about 78 deg. He is in a 40 gal tank, and he is about 7 months old. His reptisun 10 bulb was just over 6 months old, so i replaced it last week. I feed him gutloaded crickets (about 30 a day...more if hes still hungry) which i dust about every other day, and during the day when Im at work, he eats romaine lettuce that I leave in his feeding bowl. Yesterday i took a syringe and force fed him some gatorade to keep him hydrated since he hasnt taken in any water except for the baths i give him. Ive been researching, and the 3 conclusions I made is he is likely entering some kind of burmation, he is dehydrated, or he has some kind of bug. Can anyone help? Thanks

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Actually I think you may want to get a fecal done on his poo for parasites. Parasites have the same look in a dragon as brumation, so I would rule that out first.

So you changed the sun, what are his temps currently and how do you measure them ?

Instead of the romaine, which is mostly water, try collard greens or mustards instead.

Hope this helps,
Janie.

bill0405

Original Poster
I think I may be taking him to the vet tomorrow then. I'll let you know how things work out

bill0405

Original Poster
So here's some updates. I took Stubbles to the vet and they did a fecal. They said they didnt see any parasites in the poop, but they gave me 2 prescriptions anyway to give to the lizard. They also said that if stubbles dont eat within the next day or 2, to feed her a catfood that she gave me through a syringe. I fed her today, but she still doesnt look like she is doing well at all. Im very worried about her. Any other ideas on what it can be since its not parasites? I have her on my stomach right now, and when she tries to walk, she looks like she cant even suooprt her own weight on her legs. I think she may be weak from not eating and drinking

Now
Img0124.jpg

Before
Img0110.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is the Repti-Sun a strip fluorescent bulb? What is the distance from the UVB? Does the digital thermometer have a long wire & probe on the end?

Okiemavis

Double check with another thermometer! I had a massive scare where I thought my frog tank was drastically overheated, but it turned out my digital thermometer was 12 degrees off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKFA
Top Bottom