My beardie has really dark stress lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sub adult beardie has just started to begin brumation + she's just shed on her belly, she might still be going + she swallowed a small stone a couple of days ago. She's pooped normally, ate. But she's having a lot of naps but when she's awake and basking her stress lines are really dark. It makes me really worried because so many things are happening I dunno what it could be. This is not my photo but it's as close to how dark she is I could find
90388-3557331101.jpg

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Can you give a rundown the set up? He looks way to young to burmate. How do you take the temps? What are they? What kinds of lights do you use? Brands?

Arniebeardie94

Original Poster
Like I said this photo isn't mine mines just over one years old.
90388-8074170714.jpg
this is my set up
It's getting cooler so 29-30 degrees celcius on warm side
Basking spot is about 37-42
Cool side is 25-27
I use a digital thermometer
I use an Arcadia 10% d3 compact
And my tank is about 50 gallons.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Thanks for answering. I would get the long tube uvb. Coil/compacts tend to not give off the proper amount of uvb and since yours is on top of the screen and far a way that is blocking most of it. The long tube is better for spreading out the uvb light and the t5 you can set on top of the mesh do to the fact it is stronger and the t5 you only have to replace once a year. I would also move the basking light and the uvb together so when he basks he also receives uvb. Those coil uvb tend to really bother their eyes, cause appetite problems and lethargy.

Arniebeardie94

Original Poster
Yeah I probably will move them closer together but it's one of the best brands you can get and it's not a coil. But I understand what your saying it's just I don't have enough money to get a fitting for a tube the ones in store are about 120$. But if I put them together wouldn't it get too hot?

Arniebeardie94

Original Poster
Could I possibly put two uvb globes in the tank because there's 3 holes at the top for lighting fixtures 15cms apart abouts.
90388-8074170714.jpg
on the left obviously where the uvb globe is and right in the middle there's nothing. So do you think I could put two uvb in?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Yeah, the uvb lights do not give off any heat. Move it close to the basking light but as i said coil/compacts do not produce enough uvb. Also does the thermometer have a wire probe so you are getting accurate readings on the basking spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom