My beardie has been lethargic for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navy

I took her to the vet several times and he said she had a clean bill of health, but it's been 6 months of her constantly being sluggish and never wanting to move.

Her temps are fine, I even bought a different thermometer to see if mine was busted

94 on the basking spot
81 on the cool end

If she was brumating wouldn't it be over by now?

She eats fine, but will only eat the food that comes her way and will occasionally chase them.
She'll be a year old in September, the vet said she didn't have any type of calcium deficiency
also she likes to keep her body flat on the ground.

She's in a 70gal tank with a raised basking spot she never goes to with repti-carpet

Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 High Output UVB Fluorescent Bulb, 15 Watts, 18-Inch
this is the one
http://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-ReptiSun%C2%AE-Fluorescent-18-Inch/dp/B0009YJ3BE/ref=pd_sim_petsupplies_89

a large but shallow water dish

and a large thick branch to perch on which she also doesn't use.

she has plenty of room

she is also 18 inches, which I think is pretty small for her size

I dust her crickets 3 times a week with Repta-Calcium Dietary Supplement from Fluker's
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753952

and I feed her around 40 - 60 crickets a day who are gut loaded with kale because she won't touch greens herself

she's been like this since I first got her from petsmart about a year ago, but I noticed it's been getting worse every month

At first I thought this is just the way they are, but after watching other people's beardies, she's nothing like that.
I would take her to a different vet if we had one.

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
94 seems a little low for basking surface temp....98 to 102 for adults is a good range.

When was the last time the UVB light was changed?
Humidity level ok?
Hydrated?
regular poops?

You might want to up the frequency of the calcium dusting also.

Navy

Original Poster
Goodtruant":2ae6h667 said:
94 seems a little low for basking surface temp....98 to 102 for adults is a good range.

When was the last time the UVB light was changed?
Humidity level ok?
Hydrated?
regular poops?

You might want to up the frequency of the calcium dusting also.
could 4 degrees really make that much of a difference? D:
humidity is fine
she poops nicely every day
and should I do it daily?
As for the UVB light, I changed it like less than 2 months ago.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, improper temperatures will yield a lethargic dragon. At temperatures lower than 95, they can't digest their food very well.
The range for basking temperatures is 95-110 on the basking area & 78-82 for the cooler side.
What foods do you feed hier?
Is there anything in between her & the UVB light like plastic or glass?

Tracie

Navy

Original Poster
fixed her temps and no nothing like glass or plastic, I have a little thing attached to the inside where I just slide it in and turn it on
I drove her 4 hours this morning to a different vet and once again "A clean bill of health"
She doesn't move, that doesn't seem healthy to me. :banghead:

As for food, I give her calcium & D3 dusted crickets that are gut-loaded with kale and I'll give her the occasional black berry as a treat

Repkyle

I'm in a very similar situation, I feel you frustration, I'm goin to watch this thread for possible answers.

* how much does she weigh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChekeNerton523
Top Bottom