my beardie goes a dark colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heaton177

hello,
i was wondering if this is normal i have been to the vet with her looking to be bit lazy, he done a stool sample and said she had cocidia and then askd me to bring another sample again i done that yesterday and he said she is clear and i said she still wasnt eating as much as befor and he said it could be just because she is just getting over worms and cocidia. but i noticed sometimes she goes a realy dark colour, she is normaly dead bright colours with red green and yellow ect but sometimes she is dead dark but when i get her out or bate her she lightens up.
is this normal? or could there be sometihing wrong and may she need more help, and should i contact the vet again?
i had a threrad the other week but this is a different topic to the otherone so i created a new one, i apologise to the moderators if i should have just posted this in the old thread/

thanks in advance chris.

heaton177

Original Poster
ahh ok :), can they be scared of live crikets cause she aint been eating as much and when i tried to hand feed her a driket she was looking at it and looked as if she was going to eat it and when the criket moved she moved back aways from it n they took no interest?

Venom508

Juvie Member
if you only got her recently, it could just be stress from moving.

just give her another week if shes still not eating then get worried and we will try to help :)

heaton177

Original Poster
i got her about a month ago the 1st week she was fine, she stopped eating i took her to the vet he asked for a stool sample i gave him one and she had worms and coccidia and he said she had a large amount of coccidia i took another stool sample in on monday and he said she was clear he told me to weigh her and she was 120grams and he said that was a good weight and that she had gained 7% more weight from when he last saw her, but she seems so depressed and i want her to have the best home as any other animal lover, i dont realy see how active she is when i am in work but when i get up in the morning she seems to be moving about a bit (out of her bed under a plastic plant) but when i come home from work she is in her bed looking depressed, i get her out for a bit and then she seems alert and active but when i try to hand feed her she wont eat it, and she has ate out of my hand once before. like you said mate she might just hate her viv, any tips for me for a set up in the viv? my temp gauge reads 37c near the basking spot and i put my thermostat in the centre of the tank and the basking lamp is set to go off when the centre of the viv reaches 35c. is this correct?
thnx for your help so far mate :)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like your temperatures are off and that will certainly affect their color and overall health. You mentioned you're using a temperature gauge, if it is the round gauge type, those can be as much as 20 degrees off. The only 2 ways to get accurate readings are with either a temperature gun or a digital thermometer with a long wire & probe end. How old is your beardie? What size tank is she in and what wattage basking bulb are you using? Also, what is the brand & type of UVB you're using? How do you keep her hydrated and how often? Have you tried bathing her lately? If your beardie is under a yr old, the basking temp should be about 37.7 (100 F) and up to 43 C (109.4 F) with the cool side 25.5 C (78 F) to 27.7 C (82 F). But, before you make any adjustments, you need to get an accurate way to monitor them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kpurlett
Top Bottom