My Beardie Fell

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRayne

Hatchling Member
My Beardie fell today about 2 hours ago. I tripped and she fell when I was holding her :banghead: . It was about 2 feet onto the linoleum floor. At first she was very rigid and wouldn't relax. She didn't black beard or really puff up and a few minutes later she was walking around fine. Then she went back in her tank after she'd calmed down and her beard started getting darker with patches of pure black and over half her tail turned nearly pure black. She is attentive and holding herself up and has moved around in her tank. Her colours are slowly turning back to normal, she lets me touch her without reacting and she seems okay. I was wondering, are there is any signs I should be watching for? Anything that might still happen to show she's not really okay? Is there anything I should do?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's scary when they fall like that. They're pretty tough though and it sounds like she'll be OK. She's probably just a bit stunned/upset by the fall. Keep an eye out for her beard being black for an extended period (several hours to days), look out for seizures or limping/favoring one side over the other which could indicate a break or concussion, and look out for blood in the stool which would indicate internal bleeding. If you see those signs, a vet visit may be warranted. Otherwise, just keep her comfortable and don't move her around too much for a bit and she should be able to bounce right back on her own.

KRayne

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay. I feel so horrible :(
I just went and checked on her and her beard is almost back to normal and her tail is getting lighter. She even ate a little squash :) I will make sure to keep an eye on her.
Thank you

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
My beardie just fell over 5feet and hit the floor which is all tiles - his beard is so black that it even descends to his shoulders, but he seems to be able to hold himself up. Should I get an X-ray? He's been black for about 30min now

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor guy, how is he doing ? Still black ? Moving around or being lethargic ? If he's acting + looking ill you can conclude that he probably has some injury, especially if he's still black. In that case a trip to a vet ASAP. Hopefully he's O.K....we have to be very careful when carrying them or allowing them to roam where there's a possibility of falling from a height.

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
He was black for a while then I gave him a superworm and he lightened up :) I think he got scared but nothing is hurt-I will monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom