My Beardie “coughing”

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotherOfJuno

Hello, my (15f) beardie is making a coughing sound, isn’t eager to eat like he usually is, and seems sleepy. My parents do not see this as a serious issue, and won’t take the situation seriously. I recently attempted to replace the substrate he had (crushed walnuts) because it’s bad for them, but my parents were angry and immediately put the walnuts back in. I desperately want to get him into the vet, but without the help of my parents I’m not sure what to do. I just want my little Juno to feel better. Please help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Juno is sick --- the crushed walnuts are whats making him sick they are toxic to a dragon --- he probably has a respitory infection from the dust from the walnuts -- I recommend getting them out or he will die --- a vet visit is now recommended so he can be put on a antibiotic -- if you dont have the money for this please consider getting him into a rescue place or your dragon is going to suffer and die --- he will quit eating ----- if your using coils for a UVB bulb those are the worst -- you need a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med or Sunblaster or Arcadia ---- please post what your using --- get those walnut shells out of the tank ASAP or the dragon is going to get worse -- use paper towels for now

MotherOfJuno

Original Poster
@KarrieRee Thank you for the advice. I tried to bring this up with my parents and they became very angry. They think that I’m overreacting. I’m very worried about Juno. I love him so much. The last time i tried to replace the walnuts with paper towels I got in huge trouble, they threatened to give him away. It breaks my heart, but I’m not old enough to care for him without any help. I may need to surrender him so he can have a happy, healthy life.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That would be best for JUNO --- and you need did to do this quickly --- google rescue centers in your area and then make some calls - you tell your parents if they arent going to provide correct care for the dragon your going to give him to someone who will -- if he stays w/ you hes just going to die --- your parents are being irresponsible for taking the proper care of the dragon ----

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom