MY BEARDED SLEEPS ALL DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

w0554096

Juvie Member
Power Sun is a good MVB, though in the past there has been some issues with the bulb. Mainly it looked like some of their bulbs were putting out too much UVB and some bearded dragons were affected negatively. It is my understanding that this issue has been corrected. I don't personally use MVB, however I am thinking of trying a Power Sun in future now that I've finally found a store near me that carries them. It is up to you. If you notice any behaviors similar to what he is experiencing right now, ie eyes closed while basking, hiding from the light, etc. Then shut off the Power Sun and contact the company.
As I've said (so as to not scare you off of them) this issue was a few years ago. I believe there is a sticky on it in the enclosure section if you'd like to read more. As far as I know, it has been corrected.

The shaking is not good. Beardies do not shiver when they're cold, and shaking is often times a first sign of MBD. When is your reptiSun due to arrive?
Are you currently dusting his food with calcium? If so, how much and how often?

NUDIEFLY

Original Poster
I feed him crickets every day and dust the calcium every other day, i only had him for a week so it was just about 3 times. I am going to get the repti 10.0 tomorrow, how long should it be for a 55 gallon tank . also is it possible that he can be going threw Brumation?

w0554096

Juvie Member
For a 55 gallon tank you'll need at least a 24 inch bulb. Anything larger is better, but the smallest bulb should be 24 inches long to cover half the tank.
You should one meal of crickets daily with the calcium. Are you using calcium With D3?
Dragons that are under a year do not usually brumate, and at your guy's age, it would not be brumation.
It is possible that it could be the very beginnings of MBD. Do you know what his care was like before you got him?
Some pet stores do not use UVB on their baby beardies, nor do many of them dust their food. The coil bulbs do not provide the proper wavelengths of UVB for beardies to absorb, so it's possible that even if he's had these bulbs for his life that he could have a severe calcium difficiency.
The sooner you get him under the Reptisun, the better.

NUDIEFLY

Original Poster
IM not to sure of how they took care of him in petCo, but the day I purchase him he was very active running all around the tank. Even for the 1st couple of days he was find. IM going to the pet store now to get his light

w0554096

Juvie Member
That's good. Make sure that you mount it inside of his tank with the cover that comes with the fixture taken off. You want him to be able to get within 6-8 inches away from the light. You should see some improvement rather quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom