my bearded regurgitated ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

delphine

my bearded dragon 9 months old boy regurgitated a large bullet shape poo....
i am feeding him twice a day with crickets and locusts , he has a bowl of salad..
i know i did not buy the crickets from the same place that i usually do...
he appears as crazy as usual :lol:
is it normal?

he hasnt got diarreha...

thanks for your help

delphine and dundee

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Are you sure it was poo he regurgitated and not mushed up crickets? Sometimes beardies can throw up their food if they've eaten too much

delphine

Original Poster
Thanks for your reply
it defenarly smelled like poo and then in the evening he had dirreha.
He didn't want to eat at all last night and this morning.
I don't know what to do

Delphine and Dundee

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
You mentioned getting the crickets at a different place. You may have received a bad batch.
If your beardie is still throwing up or having diarrhea, make sure to keep him extra hydrated. Extra baths and giving him water orally with a dropper or syringe will help. You could even syringe feed him some pedialyte diluted with water.
How are the temps in his viv?
Has he had a fecal exam lately?
If his smyptoms do not improve, you might want to get a fecal done to rule out parasites.

delphine

Original Poster
I came back from work and gave him a bath. He had two locusts and I think I am getting some new crikets.
So far no diarreha but no normal poo too
hopefully he ll be ok
thank you so much for your help and advice

Delphine and Dundee

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Sorry i cant give any more advice, im not experienced enough, still figuring out things myself. On wed morning i woke up to see my BD had about 6 poos in one night!! He wouldn't eat crickets that day but today he's eating normally. Dunno if having an upset tum might put them off food for a bit. Hope he's better soon, keep us posted on how he's doing :)

delphine

Original Poster
we ve changed the crickets.. back to where we first bought them... dundee did not eat for 24 hours and this morning for some reason he had 4 crickets and again 3 tonight...
so i guess he getting better..

thanks for the advices from everybody :D

delphine and dundee

rockgeek

Ed did a similar thing today when I fed him crickets. A half chewed up cricket came up, then before I had a chance to get rid of it he chewed it up and swallowed it again. Think he'd just been gobbling them down too quickly - he has been a very greedy little boy today after a couple of weeks of not eating properly (changed uvb light a month or so ago, changed it back to a new one of the ones I usually use yesterday, and he's much more active and hungry again today and hopefully will start to put some weight back on!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom