My bearded dragon poops everywhere EVERY time I let him out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erikadickson

Hatchling Member
Milo poops whenever I let him out of his cage- whether on me, the carpet, my BED!!, the kitchen counter top-- EVERY single time I let him out of his cage, he poops on something! I don't know what to do about it. Not only is it such a hassle to clean up, but it's extremely unsanitary.. Does any one have any suggestions?
He hardly ever will poop in his cage, and whenever he does he walks in it and gets it all over himself before I have a chance to clean it up.
I'm at a loss, and the fact that I know he's going to poop everywhere as soon as I let him out is making me not want to take him out of his cage-- which I know is unfair.

neilkd21

Hatchling Member
Have you tried putting him in another container or the bath to see if goes there? They definitely don't like going to the toilet in their tank lol. Mine starts climbing the glass so I know he needs to go, I put him in another large plastic tub with paper towel and he goes within a few minutes. That way I just have the tub to clean and I give him a quick bath to make sure he is clean.

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
I put Gary in a warm bath whenever I think he's going to go... He definitely tries to hold it, going in his tank is completely the last resort hahaha. The bath is easy because you can just dump it out right after. I put him in the bathroom sink, he goes, I let it go down the drain, and then bleach it afterwards, haha. They are stubborn little things when it comes to going to the bathroom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom