My bearded Dragon Just Threw UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBam

Original Poster
Dannye92":e8e01 said:
Mine threw up to but mine through up for a completly diff reason. The very first time i got my beardie i fed it a few to many mealworms and it puked like 2 times. ( Iv learned my lesson ) What i have learned is when they do throw up bath them asap as they dehydrate very quickly after puking. This is vital as it will help them rehydrate. Also as someone may have mentioned - The temps could be slightly to cold so she doesnt quite warm up enough to feed. ( i doubt it but its just a thought ) Also if u can get a repti - glo 10.0 uva/uvb fluorescent bulb, they are probably the best bulbs u can get. About the basking area i just use a standard 50w ( In winter 100w ) bulb and it works perfectly, producing more than enough heat! hope this helps

Cool thanks! However I was also going to ask, how long should I play with her a day, and How many times a day, for how long?? She seems to be very scared and I did take her a bath! Also the 2 month old picture! Is that the right one because that dragon looks like a 4 month old! how do i post pictures so you can see one of her!

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
upload your pics to photobucket and then copy the image code and past it into your post. Then you can press preview to see if it worked. :D

Dannye92

SamBam":b193f said:
Dannye92":b193f said:
Cool thanks! However I was also going to ask, how long should I play with her a day, and How many times a day, for how long?? She seems to be very scared and I did take her a bath! Also the 2 month old picture! Is that the right one because that dragon looks like a 4 month old! how do i post pictures so you can see one of her!

I normally try and take my beardie out onc a day at least, i take him out for about 15 mins, mines only about 2months old so mines still a baby aswell although hes tame-ish lool were gettin there but at least he dont run away from me now. I bath mine about 4 times a week, the days i dont bath him i just put a few drops of water on the end of his nose/snout/waterver it is he has lool that way he gets water from that to.

Doesj

Hatchling Member
Dannye92":bc060 said:
Also if u can get a repti - glo 10.0 uva/uvb fluorescent bulb, they are probably the best bulbs u can get. About the basking area i just use a standard 50w ( In winter 100w ) bulb and it works perfectly, producing more than enough heat! hope this helps

first of all: the TS has a MVB, this gives heat AND UVB , so there's no need for a uvb bulb.

Seconly: the reptiSUN 10.0 is a great bulb, the reptiGLO has much less of a reputation. I've heard nothing but bad things about the reptiGLO one.

Finally: using a UVB light for heat? most uvb lights (and certainly the tubes) don't really give off any heat. My 120cm (48") UVB tube can't even heat my enclosure up 1°C from room temp!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
SamBam":e7ee1 said:
Thanks everyone ITs so nice that you guys care....howver can you tell me how you guys care for them?? I just really want mine to be ok. SHe doesn't have any crickets or a UVB Bulb right now !

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
Just wanted to add a temp gun is the best idea I bought one and it was the best 40 bucks I ever spent. I even found non beardie uses for it. I found buying the temp guns cheaper then replacing all my broken thermometers. Also it is much better too see the temp of the actual lizard then the basking spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom