my bearded dragon is never in his cage!!...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So latley I've been feeling like I'm not a very good bearded dragon momie to ky one year old baby beamer! I feel like I'm always busy with cleaning the house. Or somthing else.so I I came up with idea that heamer never has to be in his cage!! So I hung his basking light from my closet pole( what you hang your hangers on) ajd I put his basking rocks under it. So now that his basking area!! And then at night he sleeps in my bed! So when I'm at home he can be out but when I'm not at home he has to go in his cage;(.... but I feel like I'm the best mommie to him more then ever! So what are your opinions on this? I would love to hear

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
As long as:
- he's getting enough time under the right temperatures to stay warmed up and to digest his food (a good hour or two after each feeding)
- he has a couple of hours of UV exposure every day
- the area he has access to is dragon proofed so that there's no small spaces he could get lost/stuck or other dangerous things that he could try to eat or that could hurt him

...then that sounds like a great arrangement.

beamingdragon

Original Poster
Thank you for your help! That made a wonderful check list to go off of! And yes he will get enough time to get uv because when I'm a work he will be in jis cage. I work 7 hours a day.thank you!!

Lauram63110

Juvie Member
Be very careful with hanging lights in a closet! They get very hot and can cause a fire if hanging with clothes!
I've got several melted thigns from lights -once left a plastic jar too near it, and the top of the viv I got with a dragon was melted, so somebody got it too hot! There was someone on here that set the rug on fire or burned vinyl floor tile. Just be careful!

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
does he actually seek out the basking spot when he get cold?

i'm thinking i might try to put one out for Mr Dargon for when he runs around. but he usually ends up in a corner somewhere (or under my feet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom