My bearded dragon exhailing heavily?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last night before work, I put my bearded dragon Ryii to rest. She was perfectly fine yesterday, chill, lax, the norm. I get back in from work maybe 30 or so minutes ago, and I came into my room to her with her mouth wide open and on her stomach. She noticed me and stood straight up. I noticed she had a black beard, so that caught me off guard. My mother had turned both her heat lamps on and moved them closer to her for heat. Dunno why. Anywho, I was looking at her and then I hear her breathe HARD. Like something I haven't heard her do before. Kinda sounds like a scary movie type breathing. I immediately opened her cage and removed one of the lights from her cage. She seems have calmed down a little, but she's still breathing somewhat hard with her mouth open. She's not breathing as hard as she was before though. Does anyone know what's going on with her? The temp in her cage was surely high cause I don't turn both lights on.. And I just looked at her now, she just closed her mouth a lot more, but I can still see a little gap. She's not breathing as hard, but she's calming down now. Was it due to heat, or does it have something else to do with it? And now her mouth is completely shut..

EDIT: Tapped on her screen, and she opened her mouth again. She's worrying me...

EDIT 2: Again, calmed down. Her breathing is somewhat normal, her mouth is closed.. Cage still open with a gap and light little away from her atm.

EDIT 3: Mmkay, so I was able to get her out her cage and give her a bath. When I picked her up, she had her mouth wide open, but after awhile, closed it. Dipped her in the water 3 times, first time as usual, lazy and just lays down and drinks the water. 2nd and 3rd time she becomes active, trying to get out. 3rd time was able to get her to poop. Since I got her out the cage, she seemed more chill more like herself. Bearded lightened up and all. Put her back in the cage, maybe due to her being a little chilly, beard became black again. Also, while I was holding her, she closed her eyes a lot. She does that often when I pick her up, but I still wanna bring it up. Breathing has gone down, she seems chilled now. Breathing hard due to excitement, but no heavy exhaling.

DoctorevoL

Original Poster
No clicking, no water. She's perfectly fine now, but she's now really lazy. Like beyond lazy, even for her. She's sleeping quite a lot. Is she getting prepared for brumation or something? What are signs of them getting ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom