My Bearded Dragon Ate An Ant?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrittsBeardie15

Hi all! My name is Brittany and I'm new to this site and bearded dragons. I just got my first dragon a few weeks ago, her name is Piper, she is only a few momths old and she's my baby girl. I take her out to play every day with me and she loves to run around on my bed, jump on top my head and into my hair, etc.. But yesterday I thought she would want a little more room to run around so I let her play on the floor. An ant crawled in from under my door and without any thought she ran after it and ate it! I know that feeding your dragon insects from outside is bad for them so I would like to know if this is going to harm her or affect her health in any way? I've literally fallen in love with her and I don't want anything to happen:(

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
While it's not ideal, I don't think eating an ant will cause an issue. I've been upset about my little buddy eating wild bugs now and then and it hasn't amounted to anything.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Most wild insects are only "bad" because we don't know what they have been up too/eating. I'd only worry if you put out ant bait and poison, even then one ant isn't likely to have enough to be harmful.

Stolzieren

Hatchling Member
I don't think one ant will give her any problems. just be sure she doesn't go for any other bugs. it can be hard though, beardies are fast little things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom