my bearded dragon ate 2 earthworms and she might die tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter12

my beardie is doing very,very bad! i gave her an earthworm from my garden and ever since she has her eyes closed is breathing really hard her body temp. has gone really low and it looks like she's dead (not yet) i wanted to take her to a vet but the next time reptile vet will be in is in 48 hrs. i don't think she's gonna make it! :cry: i raised the temp. 2! HELP PLS!!!!

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
It's your garden.....Do you spray pesticides on your plants or any chemical fertilizer on them? If so that is in the dirt...and now in the worms..you should never feed any bugs from your garden to your beardie.
You should really try and get him to a vet ASAP ,even if you have to take quite a ride... :|

zombies

Very innappropriate comment removed by Moderator.Attacking other members on this forum will not be tolerated.Please remember this in your future posts.

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
I have a question for you? Why or what made you give him earthworms from your garden? Not trying to bash here just curious...did you not know that they were no good for them? There are a few posts on here and other sites that mention earthworms from your garden not being a good idea. :|

I'm sorry you lost him.

hunter12

Original Poster
ur fine its ok i'm like that all the time i gave it 2 him cuz i knew beardies could eat earthworms but didn't no u HAD to get them fom the petstore. and by the time i realized they were badshe was already intoxicated. thanx zombies 4 the tip :mrgreen:

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hunter
I am very sorry for your loss.It is a terrible way to have to learn a lesson.For future referance I wouldnt recommend feeding earthworms of any kind captive or not to beardies.They are no good for them.Also along with wild insect I would be very careful that if you allow your beardie to graze the outside vegitation that you be VERY sure there are no pesticides of any kind in the area.They safest bet is not to allow them to do it at all but if you grow an organic garden and protect it you could try that.Also remember that fireflies and stinkbugs can kill or make your beardie very ill.Again I am very sorry for your loss.

-Vicky

hunter12

Original Poster
zombies i was not warning u i was thanking u for the tip. it is very sweet of all of u supporting me thanku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom