My baby beardie is Obese

Status
Not open for further replies.

pclay1

My baby beardie was eating crickets normaly and I gave her a few wax worms for a treat but after that she wouldn't eat anything other than wax worms and so I got scared because she wouldn't eat so I kept feeding her wax worms and now she has a huge gut and she is almost 4 months and she is about 8 inches long so any way I can get her to start eating crickets again?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Stop feeding waxworms. A dragon won't starve itself unless it is sick. As long as it's not sick, it will get hungry enough to start eating crickets again once it realizes no more waxworms are coming.

Make sure you have proper uvb, proper temperatures, and things should go back to normal after some tough love.

-Brandon

BEARDIESandCOFFEE

Hatchling Member
claudiusx":17m9dzuv said:
Stop feeding waxworks………
things should go back to normal after some tough love.

-Brandon

:blob5: :blob8: HAHAHA… no idea why, but this made me crack up! :?:
Brandon is right though, tough love… :blob8: :blob5:

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Kinda funny how well our dragons can train us eh? :wink: Anyways, Harley is like that with butterworms. Since those she has reluctantly been eating her dubia. Although she still loves her collard greens. Just gotta do what the others have said and dish out some tough love. Might be a few days though if she is all full on waxworms :lol:

pclay1

Original Poster
ok she has all the right lighting 20 gallon long tank a repti sun 10.0 tube and a 100 watt basking bulb

drakedragon

Juvie Member
Stop feeding her the waxworms. The more of them she eats the less she will want to eat. I had the same problem with mine and it took her a week to start eating her crickets and locusts again.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree with the others about the wax worms.

I did want to mention that a 100 watt bulb seems like an awful lot of wattage for only a 20 gallon tank. Could you fill us in on the type of thermometer you're using and what the basking & cool side temps are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom